Two

Malik

"Sage, I swear I will disown you once you bring any woman in the company," said his mother in a sweet voice yet with a warning tone. Sage just smiled with the thought. His mother has been nagging him about his playing around with women.

"I would be glad if you'll bring a woman, IF- she's in a serious relationship with you," his mother added by emphasizing the word 'if'. This gives a hint that his ever-kind and sweet mother is serious.

"Ma, okay, I will not bring a woman." I chuckled as I cut the steak on my plate. After all, my being serious in a relationship is synonymous with an ant carrying a huge elephant.

Currently, my mother and I are having a dinner date in one of our restaurants. According to her, being in charge of our business will make me busy and it would be too impossible for us to have time with each other. Well, my mother has been taking care of me for 30 years with the same treatment from the moment I was born.

Her gynecologist told her before that it would be impossible for her to get pregnant. But a miracle happened. After 10 years of trying, my mother had me. And who said miracles happen only once? Three years after, the mother had twins. Sean Mago and Silva Marion. That is why I do understand why mother spoils the most. She considers me her lucky charm. Our chains of restaurants grew bigger when they begot me. Hotels and resorts sprung out in the business of Kingsley's. Years after, Kingsley's went international!

Marcus Kingsley's efforts hit a jackpot. After all, his passion, dedication, and love for their family business deserve the success their business fished out from uncertainties. As some businessmen commented, Kingsley's love for gambling cannot be measured. From the ideas to strategies and marketing- uniqueness screams loud and proud.

One of the unique traits of their restaurants is that employees don't have to change themselves to fit in because they are welcomed for who they are. 10 years ago, The Kingsley's restaurant made a huge uproar worldwide after trending on social media after the feedback of one of the rich businessmen in the Middle East who happened to visit the country.

He said it feels so great to dine in The Kingsley's since it offers a variety of cuisines that are of high quality. But what makes it nobler is that the waiters and waitresses wear traditional clothes that reflect their ethnicity. Cultural representation is the trademark of the place. He even remarked that dining in eases his anxiety of being judged by his cultural background in a Christian country since the people inside are differently beautiful and proud of their roots. People from different origins dining together has never been that special for him. After that, a trend went undying and has been copied by other industries. But one thing is for sure, Kingsley's became successful. And now, they also run chains of hotels and resorts.

"Anak, mama is not getting any younger," my mother said in a sad tone.

"Ma, honestly I forgot what is your real age. All I know is that you are still forty." I smiled at her. No joke, my mother looks young.

"Huwag mo akong bolahin Sage Malik Rivera Kingsley," she said rolling her eyes. Seriously, what's with women? I need a dictionary to decipher what is the meaning of every word they say.

"Sage, I miss seeing little kids." Napaubo ako sa aking narinig. What the fuck? Does my mother still plan of having a baby? Is that even possible? She might look like in her forties but she's in her sixties already!

I looked at my mother with disbelief na agad ko rin naming pinagsisihan. Tutukan ba naman ako ng table knife!

"Hay naku ewan ko sayo Sage! Mana ka sa ama mo na slow. Naturingang mga magna cumlaude, pero ang mga utak parang ilaw na punde! What I mean is, I want to have a grandchild. Hindi ko na maaasahan si Sean doon dahil allergic sa babae yun. At mas lalong hindi kay Silva kasi baka makapatay ang daddy niyo." I looked at her again with disbelief. A grandchild? Is she even joking? I am speechless.