Thirteen

Sultana

Halos lakad-takbo na ang aking ginagawa upang makarating lamang sa conference room. The whole company is in chaos. Last week, the production and finance department had just reported that there is a worldwide chicken crisis. Nagkaroon raw ng shortage sa supply ng chicken meat kung kaya't pahirapan na ang pagkuha rito.

Although we have Montecarlos as our partner for the supply of raw products, the fact that the shortage has affected its price to increase is a big issue. After all, Kingsley is known in the tourism industry as a company that focuses on hotels, resorts, and restaurants kung kaya't apektado talaga ang Kingsley's.

There are lots of possible actions to this crisis. However, the uncertainty of when will the increase in the supply of chicken meat will happen leads to the dilemma of whether the company should risk availing of chicken meat even if it is pricey or should have let go of this raw product.

Kaya heto ako ngayon, hindi magkandaugaga sa biglaang meeting na ito. Currently, the selected people from production, finance and marketing departments are in here. Seeing Missy as one of the representatives of marketing department and Divine as one the representatives of production department give me headache. Magbabardagulan itong dalawa for sure kahit pa nga ba bakas sa mukha ng CEO ang pagkawala sa mood.

"Sir, here are the papers you asked me to print," I said to Sir Sage and handed him the papers.

Those are some of the information he researched about the crisis. He did not want any points to miss to deal with this problem.

Currently, they are debating the dilemma. Both have their reasonable statements which make it harder to decide. The problem with this is that this meeting just took place immediately, making the departments have lesser bullets for proposals.

Maybe, the CEO has just them to discuss their thoughts for him to have a bigger picture of the situation that he would discuss with the executives.

Sa isang taon ko dito sa kumpanya, ngayon ko pa lamang naranasan na magkaroon ng ganitong kabigat na problema. And to think of that Sage is the one to deal with it makes it more challenging for our company. This will test the good decision-making of the team with our new CEO.

"The problem here is the huge change in the price. Remember that Kingsley's is known to be a good place for all status," one of the representatives from finance said.

What he said is the truth. Social class is not applicable in Kingsley's because the prices of the offered food are reasonable and purchasable for different classes.

"But the chicken meat crisis is a worldwide issue and everyone knows it. So, the change in the price is understandable," Divine of the production department said.

Both of them states fact. Lalo tuloy akong nastress. Iniisip ko palang kasi ang shortage sa chicken supply nakikita ko na ang disappointment ni Harley lalo na't posibleng magkaroon din ng shortage sa paborito nitong chicken joy.

Pero ang kapal naman ng mukha kong iyon pa ang isipin gayong Malaki ang problemang kinahaharap ng kumpanya. Pero ang trabaho ko ngayon ay ang pakalmahin ang mga gigil na gigil na representatives ng department dahil hati ang kanilang mga boto.

When Sage loosened his tie, removed his glasses, and pinched the bridge of his nose- silence took place for a second.

Wow. Did I just see Tom Cruise for a moment? I shrugged the thought off. When I glanced at the representatives, I saw a glint of satisfaction in their eyes especially Divine. Kung pwede lang umirap ngayon, ginawa ko na. Basta naiinis ako sa malagkit na tingin niya sa boss namin.

I looked at Missy and she grinned at me. 'What?' I mouthed.

'Selos,' she mouthed back with a playful smirk on her face.