Chapter Seven

“Some people are afraid to see you shine. Tell them to put their sunglasses on.”

Rosalyn's POV ♡

Cade fixated his silver eyes on me with surprise etched onto his face. His familiar manly scent reached my nose and intoxicated my senses.

I breathed in the sweet smell of Sandalwood and exhaled softly.

His hair was tousled and messy due to consistently raking his fingers through his hair. He was dressed in his office attire except his suit jacket was discarded somewhere. His shirt had its sleeves rolled up with a few buttons unbuttoned so his fine chest was exposed.

"What the fuck? What are you doing here?" Cade asked breaking me out of my trance. His eyes were still on me, impatiently waiting for my response.

"Duh! I'm having fun," I sarcastically said with a click of my tongue.

"Dressed like that?" He asked his tone lacing disbelief. "You know, you shouldn't be wearing that in a club filled with wild and horny men who can't wait to. . .have a taste of you." His eyes raked my body which made me uncomfortable under his burning gaze.

"What I wear isn't any of your business. You're not my father and I don't need counseling from you. Thanks but your service isn't needed here," I snapped.

In a blink of the eyes, his soft expression turned sour, bitter, and cold.

"Hell yeah, you're right it's none of my business, I just don't want anyone thinking I'm getting married to a slut," He blandly said, unaware of my anger and hurt towards his choice of words.

Slut!

He freaking called me a slut. How dare the bastard?

"How dare you fucking call me a slut?" I yelled.

His expression stayed neutral and emotionless as if he hadn't realized what he had just said. "Your dress says it. Maybe if you weren't dressed like one, I wouldn't have called you a slut."

My palms itched. I wanted to slap some sense into the bastard but I didn't want to create a scene. I didn't want people calling me names by the time our wedding would be announced to the whole world.

Everyone would think we were in some sort of toxic marriage or weren't we in one.

I was about to retort when a drunk random person bumped into Cade causing him to be sandwiched against me.

The position was awkward but I felt warm and protected.

My back was against the cold wall while Cade was so close to me that a whisper could barely pass in between us. My breasts that were pressed on Cade's stomach began to hurt due to the hardness of his stomach.

This guy was made of steel.

Due to our proximity, I could feel his heart racing inside his chest as we stood there staring into each other's eyes.

Deep inside his silver eyes was a sprinkle of gold surrounding his pupil. . .And just then,

I snapped back into reality.

"Don't come near me." I pushed him away, making him almost lose his balance.

"I assume you're not blind, someone bumped into me and I had no intentions of coming close to you," He said in a cold voice.

"Talking to you stresses me out, shouldn't you be getting laid?"

"Supposedly yes but... does it bother you that I have sex with other women?" He smirked before taking long strides towards me.