Chapter Thirty-two

Warning: mature content ahead!!!!

Rosalyn's POV

I suddenly felt nervous and shy under Cade's gaze. Ever since I stepped foot into the room, he has been watching every movement I take. I wondered what he was thinking while he studied me.

Even when he wrapped his arms around my waist, a rush of electricity ran down my spine. I had never felt this way around him but something changed after we...kissed.

Gosh, I could feel my face redden and a small smile smack my lips. Then, the door busted open. Before I could hide my red face, Cade had saw it. I wished for the ground to swallow me but nothing happened instead, my feet were glued to the floor. His eyes were solely on me even when he gave orders to the maid.

I focused my attention on the maid who quickly cleaned up my mess and scurried out of the room in the blink of an eye.

That was quick.

Cade took approaching steps toward me, his hands shoved into his pocket. Even though I wasn't looking, I knew he was staring at me. My heartbeat doubled, my hands were shaky and sweaty, and my forehead was covered in beads of sweat.

What was happening to me?

No one had made me feel this way except Cade who effortlessly did. I quickly drew in a sharp breath as Cade stood in front of me.

"Why is your face red?" he asked, lifting my chin so he could have a view of my face. "Are you okay? I could take you to the hospital?" he asked again, his voice filled with worry.

Oh you idiot.

I could melt into a puddle from how deep and pleasant his voice sounded. His fingers brushed my cheeks so lightly causing me to lean into his touch.

"You still haven't answered my question," he said, pursing his lips as if a smile was about to break out on his lips.

"N-No, I am good. There's nothing to worry about." I stepped out of his touch and swirled around. I hurriedly entered the bathroom and locked it once I was in.

I cringed once I saw my reflection in the mirror, my face was red like a ripe tomato and my ears also had a tint of red. I was blushing hard. I splattered water across my face to calm my boiling face.

What was wrong with me?

When I was done washing my face, I tied my hair into a messy bun before stepping out of the bathroom. To my surprise, Cade wasn't in the room, leaving the room empty.

I ambled to the kitchen to get water and also find Cade. The house was dead silent and the only sound I could hear was my footsteps.

A cough reached my ears making me halt in my tracks. The sound had come from Cade's study. I tiptoed in the direction of the sound, gently placing a knock on the door and twisting the door knob when I heard his approval from the other side of the room.

He sat in his office chair, his shoulders sagging as he frowned at his laptop screen. He sighed and rubbed his knuckles over his eyes and focused his attention back on his laptop screen.

"Can't sleep?" I asked while standing by the door.

"I can't focus," he answered sounding tired.

I shouldn't care about him but I don't think I could live knowing he wasn't alright. I should be angry with him for the hurt he had caused but, I could barely stand him so how was I going to stay mad at him? The answer to my question was quite obvious. I had caught feelings for Cade.

Fear consumed me as I wondered if he also wanted me the same way I craved for him and there was only one way to find out.

Releasing a deep breath and muttering words of encouragement, I approached him with small steps.