~ CHAPTER 4 ~

I S A B E L L A

I sighed biting my lip and twirled the pen in my hand. Currently I was in the library going through the notes that Dan handed me this morning. I was waiting for him by the door for them and that's when Enzo entered and I fell.

I mentally smacked myself again. For an assassin, I sure was a lot clumsy. How much am I going to embarrass myself? But I cannot even stop to, that guy is so beautiful. As if sculptured by god himself.

He had that Italian accent which my heart found too good. Every time he spoke, my heart ran so fast that I feared my ear drums were gonna burst out. His voice was so sexy and so raspy. It was literally a turn on. But he was too cold. Every single time I looked into his eyes, I saw them either void of any emotion or begging for love.

And right on time, he made his entrance into the library. His tattooed hands gripped the band of his bag and his veins popped through them. Jesus. I shuddered. He scanned his ID and went straight into the fiction session.
Do men like him read novels? I asked myself.

Shaking my head, I continued to go through my notes.

Someone cleared their throat a few minutes later. I looked up to Enzo standing in his glory. "Mind if I sit here?" He asked.

"Please." I smiled. He huffed and placed his bag on the table, fetched out his phone and placed the book in front of him. He sat down and opened the book. I saw the cover page. He was reading Jane Austen.
"You like Classics?" I asked him.

"Hmm." Was all he said. He talks less, I guess.

"Me too. Who else you like?" I asked hoping to make a conversation.

"Bronte, Austen, Hardy, Nicolas Sparks." He murmured.

"You don't like modern literature?" I raised my brows.
"You mean where the male lead stalks a woman, where there is forced proximity, or domestic abuse." It was now his turn to raise brows. "Or where the female lead kills her boyfriend's family? And a book full of smut and no plot, is that modern literature?"

"Jesus." I scrunched my face.

"That is modern literature." He smirked. "It's not literature. It's fiction. This. Is literature." He pointed to the book. He is right though.

I sighed. He grabbed his ear pods from his bag and put them in his ears. Maybe he really is less talk kind of guy. I huffed and went into my notes. Why am I trying to talk to him?

Please, Isabella. You like him. My mind taunted me.

Well, maybe I do. He is hot, there's no deny in that. He is tall, handsome, does wonders to my heart. Whenever I go near him, it races like those F1 racing cars.

My phone pinged, I checked it. A message on Instagram. I opened the app. It was from Sia. How the hell? She never did that. I opened the message.

Heard you are in my University, why?
--Sia.

I started typing.

Do you have any concerns with that?

I hope we can sort them out. –Isabella.

Listen here bitch, don't mess with me.
And stay away from Enzo and Dan.
They are mine.
–Sia.

Still playing with Dan?