1. Music

I'm transferring this from Ao3 and FFN.

If you want to read more. This is under the same title on Ao3 and FFN

Hope you enjoy!! :3

‐------------------------------‐--------------------------------------

"Music?" he tilted his head to the side, slightly confused about what they were asking.

He's heard music before, sometimes their radios would pick up the signals of the radio stations back when he was a camp operative.

It was very annoying.

It had almost gotten him killed more than once and it has gotten others killed.

After the fifth time in which the radio waves interfered with getting direct orders, the Camp damn near forced all radio stations to change their frequency or just wipe them out entirely.

It fixed their problems for the most part, but it still happened occasionally.

He had grown to have a mild hatred for music. It had no place on the battlefield, and therefore had no place in his life.

Then again...

He was no longer on the battlefield.

He was in Korea, where he should have been his entire life.

Maybe he should give it another chance?

"I don't listen to music." Despite the fact that it was pleasant weather outside, they were huddled in the corner of a fast food place, their booth giving them a sense of privacy as the conversation went on.

They looked at him as if he just admitted that he was a former mercenary.

Honestly, they're probably going to find out eventually.

After his 10 years of working in Grian and the surrounding sectors, he had learned that secrets usually do not stay secrets forever.

He just hoped that they wouldn't take the news too badly.

He liked having friends.

"You don't listen to music?!?" Hyeokjin was staring at him like an alien. Based on the way everyone else was staring at him, he was starting to think it was well-deserved?" None at all?!"

"No," He flipped the paper over, trying to ignore the prickling on his neck as all of his friends stared at him," The area I grew up in was dangerous," That was an understatement," more often than not, listening to music was a good way to be killed. It was just a distraction."

And it was a good way to get your ass kicked.

More than once, he had seen one of the mercenaries get beat back in the Camp because they had unknowingly started to hum a tune, which put them at risk of revealing their position.

It took him seeing that once for him to realize that even if he heard a song, he shouldn't listen to it, or try to memorize it.

It was silent.

Way too silent, so he looked up and internally winced when he saw that their looks of surprise had turned into looks of horror.

"Dude," Jaehyung said, his face was almost pale," Where the fuck did you grow up?!" Their small group, which had Yuna, Jaehyung, Seokju, and Yeongchan, were all staring at him.

He just hummed before answering.

"Not Korea."

-------------

Comments are loved and appreciated :3.

These chapters do get longer as it goes on so enjoy !