45. A. U: Reality

He didn't know what to do. 

He didn't know if he wanted to puke, cry, scream, or punch something. 

He didn't know

Their faces were deathly pale. As pale as the corpses, he had seen in the fields, as lifeless as the corpses he would leave behind on missions. 

But it was so undeniably them. 

The mortician quietly covered them back up with the white sheets. As if that was going to be enough to hide the reality from him. 

To be quite honest. 

He wasn't exactly sure how he got back to his apartment. It wasn't like other times when he was on autopilot and was aware of the fact that he was on his way back home. 

One moment, he was looking down at their corpses. 

And the next moment, he was sitting down on the floor of their entryway. Sitting down on the small ledge as he clutched a package (He also doesn't know what it is now that he thinks about it) tightly to his chest. 

He...he needed to get ready for school. 

He still needed to take a shower for the night. 

Then pack his bag so he could be ready for the evening training session. 

That math homework still needed some finishing up. 

He still needed to give Hyeokjin his folder back. He forgot to do that. 

He had to make his own breakfast. He better start the prep for it now so he won't have to rush in the morning. 

The funeral home. 

He can't forget about the funeral home. 

He needed to hurry up and find a funeral home for them. 

Fingertips pressed against his shoulder, "-etie?" he jerked out of his thoughts. Barely realizing that there was a woman right in front of him. Kneeling as the baby in the carrier babbled. 

He stared at her. 

Who the hell was this woman?

"I'm Eun. Han-Gyeol is my husband."

Han-Gyeol?

"I came to pick you up. Major Kang asked me to."

Major Kang?

That's right. 

He still needed to call the major and tell him what happened. 

Should he ask for a few days off from school?

Maybe?

Maybe not?

He had a few tests coming up. He couldn't afford to miss class because he made a bet with Dayeon an-

How did Eun get into the apartment?

"I used the spare key you gave Han-Gyeol." 

Eun answered his question. He must have said it out loud. 

Distantly, he felt himself nod in understanding. Though he still wasn't sure why she was there. 

Wait she was there to pick him up. How could he forget so fast?

He was being pulled up to his feet, and his duffle bag handle was being pushed into his hand. 

"Come on sweetie," there was something about her voice that him trust her. 

Maybe it was because she was Han-Gyeol's wife?

He didn't doubt that she was married to Han-Gyeol. He could Ye-Jun looking at him over the carrier. her tiny ponytail flopping from side to side as she tilted her head at him.