Chapter 14

[Chapter 14]

It was probably all a dream. I clutched my wrist. I slowly turned to his bed. His green eyes were refreshed as they have been. His skin wasn’t pale like it was before. I handed Julianne to Sam.

“Julian,” I whispered.

I went to him and immediately wrapped my arms around him. I started crying. I squeezed him as much as I could. I never wanted to let him go.

“I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you…” I repeated. My tears fell on his shoulder and his body shook. I could hear his soft cries also.

“Anna, stay.”

Julian clutched my harder. I was thanking God for letting him being alive. I owed to him. I was crying and I couldn’t let go! I just needed more and more of him. I wasn’t ready to let go of my brother.

Julian finally unwrapped his hands and he gently pushed me away to take a look at my face. He looked directly in my eyes. He wiped my tears away with his thumb and he smiled. I didn’t know why. Julian looked around. He finally stared back into my eyes. I felt like drowning in his eyes.

“I’ll stay only if you do.” I whispered. I kissed his cheek and he shook again. the nurse came in with Sam.

“This is an absolute miracle!” the nurse smiled.

“Yeah, someone here must love you very much,” Sam added.

Julian nodded, “I’m looking at her right now.”

I hugged him again. I let go of him first though. I went over to Julianne and brought her over to Julian. Julian held her for a long time. He gazed at her as if she were his new world he had to create.

“There’s only two girls I love in this whole universe. My beautiful Anna Shane, and my daughter Julianne Shane.” Julian said. I nodded. Julianne was asleep. She didn’t even cry when I gave her to Sam.

Sam came around the corner. Julian handed Julianne back to me. Sam wrapped his arms around Julian and he just fell. I had never seen Sam cry so loud and so heartbreakingly. Julian patted his back.

“Thank you for everything, Sam.” Julian said.

Sam cried even more.

“Well, if you feel better through this whole night, I think you may go home in a week or so.” The nurse said. Julian nodded.

I carried Julianne to her carrier and I safely put her in there. I picked it up and put it on the bed next to Julian so I could keep an eye on all three of them.

Sam finally calmed down and he looked at me. I smiled at him and rubbed his back. His face seemed to lighten but it still looked a little bit hurt.

“Sam, remember our promise.” Julian whispered. I looked at Sam again and he nodded at Julian.

“You guys should go now. I want to be alone for awhile.” Julian said.

I nodded. “We’ll be right back first thing in the morning, Julian. I love you.”

“I love you, Anna.” Julian smiled at me. I blushed slightly and picked up Julianne. Sam, Julianne, and I came out of the room. We came to the elevator. I got in and pressed to the first floor. It was awkward silence. I was biting my lip to hold back from jumping up and down. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. We walked out and walked out of the building. We came to the truck. I put Julianne in  the back and I buckled her up. I got in the passenger seat. Sam got in the driver’s seat and he started the truck. We were headed back to the Hotel.