Chapter 9

My life is strange, my family is stranger, my fiancée/half brother and I are…?

[[9]]

“Veronica…”

I woke up with a startle. I looked around the room. Julianne’s light was on. I looked on the other side of my bed. Julian wasn’t there. Then I saw the light in the kitchen on. I put my pillow over my head.

I soon fell asleep.

“VERONICA! NO VERONICA!”

“GET! NOW!”

“VERONICA! I’M NOT LEAVING YOU! VERONICA!”

“LEAVE!!!”

“Veronica…”

I SAID LEAVE!!!”

I woke up. I jumped this time. The arms around me, tightened. I looked to see, already to see an angel’s face.

“Morning, Julian.” I kissed his forehead.

“Morning, Anna. Did you sleep good?” he asked, half smiling.

I nodded, trying to forget the voices. “Yeah, it was okay.”

“Okay, just making sure.” He smiled. I nodded.

.:Julian’s POV:.

She was definitely lying. Anna got up from the bed and unraveled from my arms. She went over to Julianne’s crib. Ha, I almost said cage. Anna would punch me if I said Julianne’s cage.

I thought about last night.

*

I got up. That was about three thirty in the morning. I had a little fever (I was sure of it) and felt a little nauseated. And so I went to go get some Tylenol. I warmed up some milk. Once the milk was luke warm, I grabbed some Tylenol. I poured the warm milk in a cup. I swallowed the pills and drank the milk. I burped a couple of times. Excuse me.

I sat at the table for awhile. I sighed and then put my cup away. I turned the light off and walked back to the room.

I walked in and laid back down on the bed. I looked at Anna.

“Veronica…” she breathed. I could feel her shaking. I smoothed out her hair. She kept saying the name. I was confused. Why was she saying that name again?