Chapter 19

[Chapter 19]

He had picked up his bag without me knowing and it was in the back of the truck. It looked like I was going to have to have Vance take me home. He was standing with his bag and he had put on his hat. He turned to me with a smile as I bit my tongue, trying not to cry. My throat was aching, hell, my whole body was aching.

I looked at Sam and he was standing there, looking at his feet. Mackenzie had left a few minutes ago because she has gotten an urgent call from her mother. It seems they had made up. After this, there wasn’t going to be anymore war for them.

Julian, Sam, Julianne, and I were waiting for the airline to be called. Julianne was wide awake and I think this was going to be her last time seeing her dad for awhile. Of course, I knew he will come back. He couldn’t fail me this easily.

“There it is…”

Sam listened and he nodded. Julian looked at me and I could see the fear in his eyes. I had to look away because I didn’t want to see them.

A hand had captured my chin and turned me to face straight. I looked right into Julian’s green eyes that reflected mine.

“I will come back no matter what,” Julian had that passion in his eyes I had seen in no one.

“I will be waiting then,”

Julian leaked out one tear and he kissed my forehead. I put Julianne’s carrier on the chair and wrapped my arms around Julian as he stood up. I breathed deep and I was trembling.

I let go of Julian and I turned to Sam.

“You come back also,” I laughed, wiping my tears away. I would definitely miss his company.

“Anna, I’ll always come back for you. no matter what. Julian and I have each other’s back.” Sam smiled. I had seen confidence in his eyes.

“When will you come back?” I asked, afraid to ask that question.

Julian sighed. “2 years maybe?”

“I’d have to agree with that.” Sam said.

“2 years? I have to wait that long?” I said, smiling.

“Could be longer…”Sam whistled. I rolled my eyes.

Julian grabbed my arm and brought me to him, meeting my lips. We kissed for the longest time and I couldn’t help but to cry and kiss at the same time. I would spend two years of my life without Sam or Julian.

He left my lips and went to Julianne.

“Daddy and Uncle Sam will come back for you…I love you, Julianne.” Julian started crying. He was sobbing and was holding her hand. He fell on his knees and he was looking at Julianne. He was smiling though. He picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

He set her back down. Julian turned to me and picked up his bag.

I sighed, I’ve been preparing for this moment. Julian had to go and protect his country. He has given up his dream to be a chef to serve for his country.

I picked up Julianne’s carrier and I walked hand in hand with Julianne. We came to his area and Julian looked at me.

“I love you, Anna.”

I smiled. “I love you, Julian.”

He hesitated but then he gave me a crooked smile. “Promise me something?”

I nodded. “Anything,”

“Marry me when I get back.” Julian said.

I smiled and nodded. “I will.”