🔮 Happy Birthday - Part 5

"You had a threesome?!" Gahyeon shouted like a shocked child finding out how babies were made for the first time just seconds after I walked into the room.

My cheeks instinctively burned at the widened eyes of Gahyeon, Handong, and even Dami. Apparently while Minji and I were in the bathroom, someone asked why Bora seemed so upset and, of course, Yoohyeon just couldn't contain herself. Upon seeing the surprised reactions of the other members, Siyeon just sat there with an amused expression. Minji, on the other hand, tried to hide her rare shyness, but it became evident in the pink tint on her cheeks when she sat next to Bora on the bed. Though, no one but I noticed—the other members' attention was still stuck on me, seemingly waiting for me to say something.

I decided to play it off. "It's not that big of a deal." My shoulders shrugged before I walked over to sit on the desk beside Handong in the corner of the room. No matter how long I had been around them, I still never got used to the feeling of all their eyes on me. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it definitely didn't help calm my nerves. "Besides," I added before anyone could protest, "it's not like that was my first threesome." I lied nonchalantly, trying to contain my laughter at how unconvincing that sounded.

When I saw the lie take effect in their reactions though, a sly smirk made its way onto my lips. First, it was shock, then most of their expressions shifted to anger and I suddenly regretted saying anything at all. Sometimes I forgot how scary they could be when they got jealous. Now Bora really looked like she was about to jump me, and not in a good way. "Sheesh," my hands gripped the edge of the desk beneath me, palms growing sweaty from how intimidating they all looked, "I was just kidding." I gazed up at them sheepishly, suddenly finding it hard to swallow.

Minji and Siyeon smiled, likely picking up on the little habits I had when I was nervous. It was obvious they liked knowing they could make me feel that way. Gahyeon pointed across the room, "Yubin unnie," she started laughing, "you know it's serious when even she looks angry." I glanced over at the rapper, catching her chilling expression before it was replaced by an amused one. Gahyeon's observation was accurate; in all the time I've been with her, Dami very, very rarely got angry at me—or at anything, really. Seeing her like that was both terrifying and attractive... but mostly terrifying.

Everyone laughed along with her and I finally felt like I could catch my breath again. "She wasn't even staring at me and I felt threatened." Handong said between her laughter, making everyone else laugh harder. My eyes eventually landed on the main dancer and my grin widened when I saw hers. She was still quieter than usual, but at least she wasn't as upset anymore. That's one thing I was thankful for when it came to the other members: they all loved each other so much that something as simple as a stupid comment like that could brighten their moods completely. The fact that they could rely on each other for happiness helped take some of that responsibility off of me.

"Now you know never to cheat on Yubin." Yoohyeon said, her smile showing off her dimple as she laughed towards her best friend. "Looked like she was planning your murder."

I turned to Dami right when she did the same, causing us to lock eyes. "Let me drop all contact with Hoyeon real quick." I deadpanned, pretending to grab my phone from my pocket in a panic. The genuine laughter resounding from all of the members made my heart flutter. Not only because I loved making them laugh, but because it meant they knew, without a doubt, that I was joking. They knew I'd never even think of cheating, let alone actually do it.

"You mean that girl from Squid Game?" Siyeon yelled because of how loud it had gotten in the small hotel room (I'm sure other occupants just loved being roomed near us). "I know you have a crush on her." Siyeon added with a smirk because she knew she was right—if the way I wouldn't shut up about how attractive Saebyeok was when her, Yoohyeon, and I binged the show together was anything to go off of. Still, she agreed and I was grateful we were comfortable enough in our relationship to admit things like that to each other.