16.Chapter Sixteen

•Let me in•

You weren't good at comforting people. The last time someone cried in front of you, you offered to give them gum to feel better even though you didn't have any. Lucky for you they said no.

But after seeing how others comforted you, you learned from their mistakes. You learned to listen and to make a person feel better how you would want to be treated in that situation.

When you're pouring your heart out to a person because you're upset, the other person might think that giving you their advice might make you feel better. It doesn't.

Just listen to them. You want to be heard, right? You want someone to listen to you and you should return that favor.

And you do. You listen to him. You listen to him, but not him talking. You listen to his cries, his hiccups and his way of saying to you that he's tired.

You know he's tired. Tired of playing the hero. Tired of trying to stop the apocalypse without knowing what causes it.

He's a good liar, but his eyes always betray him. He started to notice that you knew when he lied, so he tried to hide it by turning around whenever he did lie.

But this time he showed you his vulnerable side and it hurt you more than you would want to admit seeing him like this.

He opens his legs more to fit you in between them to have you closer to him while waiting for him to answer your question. "A few days ago."

"What's a few days, Five?" He finally pulls his head away from your now soaked shirt as he looks up at you with his hands still being on your hips and you now seeing his red and puffy eyes from all the crying.

"6 days." Your eyes widen and you cup his face without thinking. You open your mouth to say something, but he cuts you off before you can say anything.

"I can't sleep, Y/n. I took like 4 or 6 Melatonin pills even Benadryl. Nothing works." You brush the hair away from his face that was stuck to his face by his tears.

"Has this happened before?"

"I didn't sleep well before either, but at least I did sleep in the mornings a few hours, now I can't sleep at all. It's so annoying!" He gets up and you take a step back to give him space.

"I have to go. I have to go." He keeps muttering as he takes a step forwards towards your door before stumbling and you reach out and grab his upper arm.

"How do you want to go anywhere in the state you are in? Why can't you take care of yourself for once! You don't look like you ate since you've been back. Now you tell me you haven't slept for 6 fucking days and you want to go and do something?"

He rips his arm out of your grip as he turns to you, now standing taller than before. "I don't need you scolding me. You're not my mother."

"I'm not scolding you! I'm looking out for you!" He takes a step towards you before grabbing your hand and putting it on his heart this time. "You've done this to me already, now it's my turn."

You feel his rapid heartbeat beneath your fingertips as he holds on to your hand with both his hands. "I am looking out for you! I am trying to prevent you and all the others from dying! I don't have time to take care of myself!