4th of July pt. 1

Freya, Hayley, and Keelin talk about the Mikaelsons coming up for the holiday. Plus some Freelin at the end.

Enjoy. :)

———————————————

3 days later – Saturday, June 29th, 2019

———————————————

Hope is so excited about the prospect of her entire family spending Fourth of July in Austin.

Fireworks, new friends, her daddy, and her aunts and uncles? Her dream come true.

Freya and Hayley are alright with it, but they are letting Keelin decide because, while Luca and Lilah said that their family is welcome, — the more, the merrier! — Jared and Keelin understand on a level the others don't, why this may not be such a good idea.

"I'm not worried about Rebekah," Keelin tells Hayley and Freya as they stand in the bedroom upstairs where they are discussing this... particularly difficult decision.

"I would love nothing more for Hope to get her wish of everyone being here for this weekend, but I need them to understand that the rules are different up here. Klaus cannot break necks and drop bodies. Kol can't... he can't reveal himself to people just for the fun of it."

Keelin rakes her fingers through her hair while she paces, and Freya wants nothing more than to reach out, but Hayley has already stopped her once. She knows Keelin needs to just pace and get this out.

"I know Rebekah will not do anything to ruin this. She was there when I spoke to Jared, but even then, he doesn't get it. He does not understand that he about to let an entire family of vampiresinto his home."

Keelin shakes her head and tries to blink away the tears. There's no reason to cry over this, so why does she feel like doing exactly that?

"And, Elijah, I- I don't know about him. I feel like he's the most levelheaded out of... the entire family."

"Oh, he definitely has his moments," Freya mumbles under her breath, though they all catch it. Keelin tilts her head and smirks.

"And I know you would like to see him, even if you won't admit it out loud." She remarks, and Hayley looks away.

"That obvious, huh?"

Freya grins, bumping her shoulder against Hayley's, "Our family is not exactly known for its subtlety."

They hear Keelin huff out a laugh, and turns toward her. She leans in the windowsill, and soaks in the sunshine before sobering up, becoming serious again, as she turns towards the girls sitting on her dresser.

"If they come here, and they lose it, and they reveal themselves, I-" Keelin shakes her head, trailing off. "I don't know what will happen, but I do know, there is no chance of every single person accepting this part of us. There's just no chance." She inhales shakily. She makes eye contact with Hayley and resumes pacing.

"There are children here. Children who are... younger. And more innocent and more naive than Hope could ever be. I have to think about their safety when making this decision."

"I understand." Hayley agrees immediately. She has seen it for herself; just how grown up Hope is compared to other similar-aged kids. Sure, she has moments of a normal 7-year-old's innocence, but she knows and can do things these kids could never even dream of understanding.

"You do what you have to do to protect these kids, Keelin." Hayley knows she will support her, even if it means ultimately saying no to the rest of the Mikaelson family coming up here.