Chapter 3

The third letter brings about an internal debate on where to leave it

The third letter brings about an internal debate on where to leave it. His locker, his desk again maybe?

I think to myself until I decide to leave it under his door.

After school, I prepare the CD and wait until Iida goes to his room. I excuse myself from the sofa and make my way to his dorm. I put my ear to the door and hear him listening to yesterday's song, I can't help but smile to myself, a usual thing when it comes to him.

I slowly push the note under his door and knock lightly, I quickly rush off, making sure my footsteps are heard, wouldn't want him to assume I'm Hagakure. I duck into a hallway that connects to the stairs and wait. Suddenly, I hear the click of the door as Tenya swings it open and runs out of his room looking left and right, letter in hand, red in the face.

"Who's there?" he shouts to the empty hallway. How I long to run into his arms and tell him how much he means to me. I flirt with him in real life jokingly, how I wish he knew every word I said was true, every tease, every compliment.

I retreat to my room, making sure to avoid the common room to remain unnoticed. Only Kirishima, Denki, and Sero remain on the sofa, the last people I'd want to find out, specifically Denki.

I make it back to my room unnoticed. I place my headphones back on and roll my playlist once again. Staring out of the window like the main character of a cringy romance anime.