Those Eyes

Indhu's pov

It was really a long day. Though I didn't have much to do , i had to meet many people. I thought about the inauguration. Two eyes were looking at me with bewilderment. Though I didnt look at their face , i knew who was that.

I was in my cabin. I was sitting as if waiting for someone. I heard a knock. I made myself ready."Come in " I said .
My eyes were waiting for someone. I looked into the eyes of the person entered. Those were familiar eyes. But not the one I've waited for. "So how's ur first day Ms.In..sry Mrs. Indhu"
John asked . "Nothing much to do ." I replied. Still I was waiting for someone to enter. Waiting to meet the eyes I met in the inauguration. Waiting for that one person to enter and to hear them saying "I apologise".

Me and John were talking about the previous case and it's result. We were done with it. There's no need to wait for another case. We will be assigned to another at once. He said that I've to meet few people . Few people from our team and other team. I stood up and went out. Hoping that while meeting these people, i would meet those eyes I wanted to . Those eyes which were throwing fire stares at me for the past few days. Those eyes for some reason I wanted to meet right now.
It was 4 pm i didn't have much to do. I greeted my team a goodbye and went home .

At home
It was 08.00pm . Still he's not home. Don't mistaken that I'm worried about him. I just couldnt wait the look on his face when he meet me. I couldn't wait to hear him begging for forgiveness. I couldn't wait for him to feel humiliated and haunted for the way he treated me. That's all I wanted. Atleast that's what I said to myself and believed. The clock says it's 09.00. He's not home yet. "What if he's feeling so humiliated to meet me. " "He deserves that" . "What if he got into an accident?" " Why am I even worried for him?!!"

Door bell rang

I went and open the door. It was him. Those eyes looked at me. He is not steady. He is totally drunk. I've never seen him so drunk. He entered. He didn't speak anything. I didn't expect this. To least the words that came from his mouth should be "i apologise for the harm i caused . I apologise for the misunderstandings. "
But instead...." So, you are his first love ??" That's what I heard . I was so stunned to speak . How can someone be like this. But whom he is talking about. I am whose first love. Even if it is ..he is in no position to ask. He should ask for forgiveness. Those eyes should be filled with guilt not anger ...and from what I've seen jealousy. Jealousy my foot. There's no reason he should be jealous. I'm starting to have an inner war with myself.
"So this is the first thing you wanted to say to me after all these things happened. How can someone be like this. " I asked with anger. "Not saying ...asking . I asked you a question officer" He said. Well he was aware who I am. Then this is not the way he should behave. Those eyes looked into mine. He was sad not angry. He stared into me. His eyes had thousands of words to speak and ask . But his mouth didn't . He came towards me. All of the sudden he fell on the floor with a loud thud.
Fortunately I saved his head. Why I even did this?. I should have not. He started to doze off. I didn't expect this. For few minutes I stayed just like that. I came to my sense. Put his head down on the floor and Walked straight to the room angrily. But I stopped i couldn't just leave him like that. The floor is cold. Atleast I should give him a blanket. I turned and tried to lift him. I didnt even want to touch him. But his head ended up on my shoulder. I was almost hugging him. He slept soundly. I helped him to walk towards the bedroom. I made him sleep. I hated doing all this things . But I ended up doing it.
I just left him like that. I covered him in a blanket. He was still in his suit ., With his tie. I didn't bothered to remove it. He stil had his socks on. I looked at him . He was sleeping like a baby. It has been more than a month since we got married. But still I didn't even once looked at him while sleeping. But today I ended up doing it. For few minutes I stared at him he was literally like a baby while sleeping. I couldn't believe that this was the same person who was extremely harsh towards me for the past days. Reality hits me. I came back to the sense. That person humiliated you. Yes he was suppose to apologise to me. Not asking me weird question. What made him to ask such a disturbing question?.
I got a call. Its from John. "Did Harsha got home safely? He seemed to be terribly drunk.did he apologized to you? " He asked. "Did you meet him? " I asked. " Aaahm yes. I met him at the bar. " He said . Now I could understand the question what made Harsha to ask such a question.
" Did you say anything to him ?" I asked. " Nothing. I just asked him to apologise to you. He too seem to feel guilty about it. I'm not justifying him. What he done is unforgivable. But I think he can understand you now. Did he say anything to you ? " He asked. "Nothing he is totally drunk. He is sleeping now. Maybe he would talk in the morning. " I said and hung up.
I came out and sat on the sofa. I looked up at the ceiling leaving a sigh.
Life was not the same way you really wanted it to be. We should expect the unexpected. Little did I know that I would be my best friend's first love. I knew that he liked me a lot... as a woman. But I was very clear to draw the line between us. Because I've never had such a caring friend like him. And I will never get one. I just don't want to ruin out friendship. Besides I was never attracted to him . I never thought him that way. I just wanted to be friends with him. I could remember the way he looks at me everyday . He is too genuine. He don't want me to face any harm. He just likes me. He was always there for me. We go through the hard times together. Him and vini were always there for me.
The thoughts were wandering inside my head. Tears start to flow through the cornor of my eyes . I don't know what to do. Many things are running in my mind. But for now as I close my eyes, i could only imagine the way the groom looked into my eyes till date. The transition from the day we met, till today. It feels like he is coming closer to me and into my life. We are becoming something. Not love but we hate each other. Atleast that's what I believed. But I'm worried about him. At the same time, i want him to suffer. I want him to beg to me for forgiveness so badly. Is it because that's what he supposed to do or else am I thinking that he deserves forgiveness!?. As much as I could remember those eyes were the only thing that stayed in my mind. No sooner i fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Its been a long time. Hope you are all well. This chapter doesn't has much of plot. It just holds the aftermath of the revelation of indhu's true identity. Hope you guys liked it. Stay tuned for amazing chapters with better plot.

What you think of indhu being John's first love ?
How will it affect the marriage life of Harsha and indhu?
Is is right that Harsha asked weird question instead of apologizing to indhu?
Tell me in the comments. Waiting for the comments ghost readers. 👻

Stay tuned 😜 love u loads ❤️