Dead In The Water [Part One]

Dean, Sam, and Kylen were in a diner, Sam had gone to the bathroom a few minutes earlier, while Kylen was sitting across from Dean as Dean looked through the obituary. Kylen smiled when Sam came back and pecked him on the cheek. Dean just rolled his eyes at his brother and brother-in-law, he loved that Sammy was happy.

"Can I get you anything else," a barely dressed waitress said coming over to the table, "a chocolate milkshake to go with two straws and the check please," Sam said, Kylen smiled,  Sam had made a point of spoiling Kylen since almost losing him to the Wendigo. "take a look at this. Lake Manitoc, Sophie Carlton, 18, walked into the lake, and never walked out," Dean said. 

they got the milkshake and Sam took Kylen's hand as they walked out of the small diner. "why does Kylen always have to sit in the middle now," Dean asked, squished in between Kylen and the driver's side door. "yes," Kylen and Sam said at the same time. "do I get any say in the matter?" Dean asked. "no," Kylen and Sam again said at the same time.

###

they pulled up outside a lakeside house, Sam held Kylen's hand until they got to the front door. Dean knocked on the door and several minutes later a younger man opened the door. "Hi, I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent Hamil and Agent Padalecki. we're from the U.S wildlife service, we'd like to ask you a few questions," Dean said, holding up a fake badge. 

Will Carlton took Sam, Dean, and Kylen around to the back of the house that overlooked a lake. an older man was sitting on the peer, looking out over the lake. Sam and Kylen's pinkies were interlocked. "she was about a hundred yards out, that's where she got dragged down," Will said, "are you sure she didn't just drown?" Kylen asked. "she was a varsity swimmer. practically grew up in that lake... she's as safe out there as in her own bathtub," Will said. 

"so no splashing, no signs of distress?" Sam asked, "no that's what I'm telling you," Will said defensively. "did you see any shadows in the water? maybe some dark shape breach the surface?" Dean then asked. "no, again, she was really far out there," Will said. "you ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Kylen asked, "no, never. why? what do you think is out there?" Will asked in response. 

"we'll let you know as soon as we do," Dean responded. "what about your father? can we talk to him?" Sam asked, "look, if you don't mind, he didn't see anything. and he's kinda been through a lot," Will responded. "of course, and my condolences on your loss," Kylen said, "we understand," Sam also chimed in. remembering what it was like to lose his mother at such a young age. even though he didn't remember much about Mary. it didn't mean he never grieved her. actually. Sam believed that he had been grieving her since the day he was born. 

(A/N: sorry for the slow update, let me know what you think)