zero| prologue

One. Two. Three. Four. Five...

One more step and her summer vacation would officially be over.

"Come on Bri, you can do it..." The girl thought to herself.

Six.

Briseis took a deep breath as she gingerly stepped forward into  gate 42A of the San Diego International Airport and was immediately greeted by the cheery face of her eldest brother, Bradley, otherwise known as her "Big Bird."

"Howdy Big Bird!" Briseis  yelped, launching herself into Bradley's awaiting arms. Her carry-on already forgotten, as Bradley's muscular arms took hold of his youngest sister's small frame. He bent down and spun her around as she took off her cowboy and placed it on top of his head, something she used to do to him when she was younger.  Clearly, being the Baby Bradshaw she never really grew out of it!

" Howdy baby bird! And how's my baby sister?" Bradley crowed as he adjusted the cowboy hat on his head, placing Briseis back down on the ground, giving a gentle kiss to her temple. Briseis quacked in response.

"I'm fine, Big Bird! But I'm starving!" Briseis replied, running over to the line of luggage carts, wheeling one of them over to her big brother who was already waiting by the carosel.

"Alright, alright, let's go then!" Bradley laughed as he hoisted his sister's luggage onto the cart that she was pushing from behind.

And as they made their way to the parking lot towards Bradley's truck, Briseis  felt a sudden knot in her stomach, she couldn't help but feel as if she had made a big mistake by coming back to Fightertown.