5 - DESIRE

3rd person pov:

"She likes you. I can tell. Don't be blind, Steven, be goddamn careful." A voice spoke, with a slight American accent.

"I doubt it. And if, only if, that were true, then she'd probably bolt as fast as she can if she knew the bloody state my life is in. Not to mention, she doesn't even know about you, Marc." Steven stated, looking directly in his mirror.

"She's not stupid. She knows there's something going on. She won't figure it out right away, but when she does she'll either freak out and think your batshit crazy, or she'll be intrigued and stay around.''

"I vote for the second option."

"Uh huh.'' Marc stated, unconvincingly.

Steven's unexpected rendezvous with (Y/N) had Marc awoken something in Marc. Steven wasn't the only one non-stop thinking about the mesmerising woman. To the pair of them, she was flawless. Head to toe. Steven hadn't once thought about the woman who had stood him up since that day. The pair didn't just want (Y/N), they desired her. And considering it was only Steven on the outside when she was in his presence, it made her the only thing on Marc's mind as he watched from the inside, no matter how hard he'd try and deny it.

There was just one slight problem. (Y/N) didn't know Marc existed.

And that was the one thing Marc yearned for.

He longed for (Y/N) to learn of him. To look at him the way she looks at Steven. To laugh at Marc the way she laughs at Steven. He wanted to be noticed, to have control, to act on the fire that set his heart and mind ablaze, but he was stuck on the inside.
Like a clown in a glass box.

"To be fair, it is me she went on a date with, so in my opinion-"

"Don't finish that sentence."

"You know you're a pain the arse, right?"

''You're forgetting that she was already on a date when you seen her. There's something off about her Steven. I doubt she'd even be interested in-'' Marc was cut off by the overly sized pigeon standing before him.

"My avatar. Stop this squabbling, we have unfinished business in need of tending to. Did you manage to collect the scarab?" Khonshu abruptly interupts.

"Yeah, Steven found where I hid it in the storage lockers." Marc grumbled.

"I did indeed, but I still don't understand what it's even for, and why it's so important. I mean, come on, what's so special about a silly little necklace?"

"That 'necklace' is the key to unleashing a horror that we may not be here to face if that scarab gets into the wrong hands."

Steven glances at the scarab laying in his hands. "No, I get that, but I remember the grey-haired man from the other day mentioning someone called Aamir and how she's so amazing. Apparently she has some sort of relavance to the scarab."

"That grey-haired man has a name. Arthur Harrow. I would advise you to steer clear of that name. It would do you no good to have any ties with that man, and what, or should I say who, he stands for."

"Why's that?" Steven asks.

"Arthur Harrow is the avatar of a god named Ammit. However, Ammits judgement is corrupted, along with her followers. Their justice is brought too early. It doesn't give humans a chance at redemption. This is why she can never be ressurected. She is far too dangerous to be restored power to."

Steven stares in awe at the words leaving Khonshu's mouth.

"That scarab in your hand is the key to finding Ammits tomb. If it somehow finds its way in Harrow's hands, he'll use it to ressurect her so she can purge humanity of all evil by wiping out anyone who has or will commit evil deeds."

"So our only job is to protect it?"

"Currently, yes. There is more to come, however your main priority is keeping the scarab safe. You must not fail at this task."

"And if we do?"

"Your lady friend doesn't seem like a bad replacement as an avatar."

"She isn't apart of this. Leave her out of it." A heavily accented voice spoke.

"Marc, she doesn't even know you. Why are you so concerned about her when she doesn't even know you live inside of me?" Steven stated.

"She'll find out soon enough."