The Traveling

Lilly was walking home, her hands empty as she crossed them over her stomach self consciously. Sighing at the dark clouds threatening to pour rain down upon her she lightly picked up her speed, knowing if it rained she'd be soaked to the bone by the time she walked the two miles home.

Hisoka ran past Lilly in a blur. She seemed to be running from something but there was nothing behind her. Her breathing was fast, as if she'd been running for a while from whatever was chasing her. If there was anything chasing her that is.

She looked up sharply as she passed, furrowing her brows in confusion. Hesitating she called out, "In a hurry?" after her. "Watch out!" said a voice as Lilly was slightly pushed and she felt something pass by her as Hisoka kept running. Wide eyed she stared after the almost invisible running figure, feeling something wrong she took off after her, thinking she could help somehow. She saw the figures shadow, which unnerved her, but she kept running anyways. Hisoka ran into a dark alleyway, despite it being a dead end, and the figure followed, out of Lilly's sight. Dashing forward she pushed her legs on, breathing heavily as she ran. Rounding the corner she paused to catch her breath to see where they went. The figure was seen only a second before hurriedly running into the shadow. Lilly looked confused as she slowly entered the alleyway, wondering what was going on. As she got nearer something tightened in the pit of her stomach, her conscious screaming for her to run. 

The shadow that they'd disappeared into slowly and steadily started to spread, engulfing any light in the alleyway. It was as if it was alive as it made it's way towards Lilly. It almost looking like a predator stalking it's prey as it neared Lilly's foot.

Backing up instantly she felt the fear rise once more, letting out quick, short breathes she kept backing up before turning and dashing away from the alleyway. Panic filled her when she didn't feel the fear go away.

The shadow went faster as it picked up speed stalking Lilly. The sky started to turn red as the shadow closed the gap between them quickly. The shadow shaped into a huge black shadow hand as it reached for Lilly's ankle to reel her in.

She didn't dare looking back, pushing herself harder than ever. Her lungs and legs already burned and screamed to rest but she couldn't. She was running in blind terror, the presence stronger than ever as she felt it close in.

The shadow seemed to smile evilly as it managed to wrap around her ankle. The sky suddenly burst with a burning horribly bright red light. It too seemed to be alive but stayed away, as if watching the whole horror scene below.

She let out a sharp scream before she face planted, her hands and knees burning from breaking her fall as she struggled to get back up. Thought of her past zooming around in her head as she let out another scream, clawing at the ground to get away.

The skys blinding red light seemed to finally intervene and try to help Lilly.The shadow struggled to reel her back to the alleyway as the light burned brighter. The shadow hand seemed to be weakening but showed no sign of letting go even as the light started to also drift towards Lilly.

She let out another strong scream, giving one last big tug in hopes to free herself. Struggling against it with all her might she attempted to kick out with the other ankle, trying her best to get away.

She and the light failed in all attempts to escape her from its' horrible grasp. It pulled her back into the alley and into the shadowy abyss.