The Traveling Part Two

She screamed once more, trying to grab onto all she could to stop it from taking her. She managed to grip into a poke only for it to be ripped away as the darkness fell over her. She could see nothing at all as the shadow consumed her. Suddenly she felt she was falling. The pressure of air going by her told her she was going at a very fast rate of falling. Her breath hitches, her throat sore already from the previous screaming. It didn't matter if she closed her eyes or not, the total darkness was like her eyes were closed anyway even if they were wide open. As she kept falling it felt as if it would never reach the bottom. Or rather, even had a bottom. Suddenly, the weird red light from the sky came bursting into the darkness, completely consuming her. It was like the darkness however. This light had a certain... warmth. 

She covered her eyes from the sudden light, trying to pull herself out of whatever nightmare she had fallen into. To get away from the terrible darkness and memories of being swallowed by a shadow. The shadow started to slink back in defeat and the light dimmed as it grabbed hold of her gently. It lifted her out of the abyss but didn't stop there. It kept going through the clouds and higher. She covered her face in fear of what she would see, coming so close to the bitter darkness, to be rescued from it after what felt forever. It was hard to imagine she wasn't dreaming anymore.

After a few more moments she couldn't take it, her body unable to handle the feeling from falling to almost flying, her mind giving into the comfortable darkness unlike the one before. The light imploded with her asleep in it and disappeared from the world. Under a river of silver water her body floated up. Which was odd because her body seemed to still be alive even under the strange water. Her body got to the surface and went with the stream until it hit the grassy shore. After washing ashore she gave a low groan before coughing, hacking up some water while moving to her side groggily and tried to sit up.

As she looked around she noticed the silver river. She also noticed as it shone with the light from the weird dark blue sun and the slight breeze, making the golden leaves on the willow trees rustle gently. She looked around slowly in confusion as her vision cleared some. The odd landscaping making her squint a bit before rubbing her eyes in attempt to wake up from this dream.