Chapter 6: Soup made with love

Matt's POV

As me and [Y/N] were walking to the parking lot, I saw that [Y/N] starting to get nervous. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Edd is definitely going to be mad at us..." [Y/N]'s shoulders straightened when we saw Edd waiting for us at the car. When Edd saw us he started loudly knocking on the car window. After a minute, Tom came out of the car, rubbing his eyes. They both looked beat up and swollen.

"What happened to you guys?!" [Y/N] gasped, running up to them.

"It's a long story, but to put it simply, Edd got us banned from the mall. We were lucky that we didn't get arrested." Tom explained, glaring at Edd. "At least they let us keep the groceries..." Edd laughed awkwardly.

"And... COLA!" Edd raised the Cola into the air. Suddenly, the bottle bursted open and started pouring all over us. Edd sadly looked at the floor.

"Nooo! My everything!" I cried, trying to squeeze Cola out of my hair and clothes. (This is gonna take weeks to clean out.)

"Of course." Tom lowered his eyelids halfway.

"What happened to YOU?! I called like a million times!" Edd shouted, trying to get over what just happened.

"Well, you see... we were minding our own business when suddenly, a BIG dinosaur attacked the mall, so we tried to hide and then-" "Matt, we were in the same mall... That didn't happen." Edd interrupted my perfectly believable story. "Yeah... we... got distracted." [Y/N] sighed.

"Ugh... Just don't do that next time. Let's go home." Edd facepalmed, tired of all this mess.

We all drove home to shower. We all needed it... Especially Tom. He smelled awful.

Time skip to after everyone showered

After I was done showering and putting my clothes on, I walked out of the bathroom to see [Y/N] handing me something.

"W-what is this?" I looked at [Y/N] confused.

"I'm giving you back the money. You bought me those dresses and I felt bad that you had to pay for them, so here ya go." [Y/N] put out her hand, holding the money in it. I gently grabbed the money, touching her hand in the process. I saw her blush a little, which made me blush, too.

"Thank you." I blurred out. She gave a warm smile and walked away. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. Was this what they call...

Edd's POV

Hunger. I was really hungry. Good thing was that I was making us all lunch. I decided to make some chicken soup with a cook book I bought a week ago. Y'know, beginner stuff.

This was actually the first time I cooked something besides eggs and bacon. I pulled out all of the ingredients from the shopping bags and put them on the table.

Opening the cook book, I read the first step out loud. "Place your chicken into a large pot." I took out the chicken from the packaging and placed it into a pot. "Add in seasonings, vegetables and water." (Should I cut up all the vegetables or...?) I thought to myself until I realised how stupid that sounded. (Of course I should cut up the vegetables.)

While I was cutting carrots, [Y/N] walked into the room, sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I heard her stomach growl. She was hungry, too.

"What'cha making?" She asked, noticing I was making lunch.

"Just some chicken soup." I was now cutting onions. My eyes started to sting and water.

"Oh, great! Why the cook book, though?" [Y/N] was looking at the cook book, a bit confused.