Chapter 8: Text pals

Edd's POV

I pulled up to our house. (Man, that traffic jam was so exhausting. I can't wait to drop on my comfy bed and drink some of this tasty Cola.) I walked up to the front door and opened it.

"Guys, I'm homeee... wha-?" My smile faded away when I saw big footprints and scratches on the wall leading to the attic. I suddenly heard an explosion.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" I ran up the stairs to the attic. My jaw dropped when I saw the scene in front of me. The whole room was wrecked and ruined, which wasn't really anything out of the ordinary for Matt, but this time it was even more messy. There were robot parts scattered everywhere, [Y/N] in the middle of everything. (Roll credits.) Matt was holding a futuristic gun and Tom was passed out in the corner.

[Y/N] and Matt looked at me in shock. "O-oh Edd! You're home." [Y/N] stuttered, laughing awkwardly.

"I... I don't even wanna ask, but... what the hell?!" I gestured my hands at the mess in front of me. They explained everything while I was trying to pick Tom up. [Y/N] came up to help, too.

"Ugh..." Tom woke up. He looked around the room. "So it wasn't a dream... great."

We all somehow cleaned the house in two hours and after that I finally helped [Y/N] set up her bed.

It was starting to get pretty late, so I went to my room and dropped on my bed.

"Oof, that was a long day..." I sighed. The door opened a little and Ringo (Edd's cat) walked in. He jumped up on the bed and curled up next to me.

"How was your day, Ringo?" I started petting Ringo. He purred and snuggled even closer. The feel of his soft fur on my skin relaxed me. I yawned. Before I even noticed, I was fast asleep.

Your POV

After Edd and I finished setting my bed up, Edd went to his room.

"I'm going to relax a bit. Goodnight." He closed the door after him. I laid down on my bed. As I was about to close my eyes and get some well needed sleep, I heard my phone vibrate. I picked it up and saw that it was a message.

[Binder]

You haven't used Binder for a long time. We found some great matches while you were gone.

(Oh yeah... Binder.) I remember now. I made an account on Binder a while ago because I was bored. I had a ton of messages after just a few minutes, but I didn't click with anyone. I gave up on this app that day.

I clicked on the notification anyway. I was kinda curious. Maybe I finally find someone for me.

The app opened and there were a lot of guys. Their bios all basically said the same thing. (Predictable.) All of the profile pictures were just them posing in a cool or sexy ways. I was scrolling and scrolling until one profile caught my attention.

His name was Jon and he was hugging a DOG!!! in his profile picture. Of course I clicked on it.

The bio said:

I'm Jon and I'm 21 and 5'10. Things I like to do: watching movies and going outside with friends. My favorite kind of food are sweets. Things I hate: lying and loud noises. I hope we can get along. Side note: The dog in the picture is Doguardo and he's my roommate's dog.

He seems like a nice guy. I swiped right. I didn't know how to start a conversation so I sent him a simple 'hi' and waited for him to respond. And waited. After 10 minutes I turned off my phone and put it on the night stand. Just as I was about to lay back on the bed, I heard my phone vibrate again. I picked it up and saw that he answered my message.

Jon: Hi

(Crap.) I was waiting for him to respond, but now that he has, I don't know what to say back. (Think, brain, think!) "Aha!"

You: the dog in ur profile pic is cute

Jon: His name is douguardo. It was in my bio.

You: i know

Jon: Sorry i thought you didnt read it.

You: you dont have to apologise

Jon: Sry

Wow, he really is a nice guy.

Jon: I mean ok.

You: haha, ur so nice 😊

Jon: Really?

You: ye, so how u doin?

We continued chatting for what felt like hours. I found out that his favorite colour is blue, his birthday is October 24, he likes watching rom-coms and his favorite show is Friends.

Before I knew it, it was already dark outside.

You: i should go to sleep now

Jon: Isnt 10 pm a bit early?

You: i had a long day and im tired

Jon: Oh, ok good night.

You: gn!

(This chapter is a bit short, but I hope you enjoy it! I have nothing more to say... If you're curious about why I haven't been posting lately, just read my comment on my account. Bye! ❤)