Chapter 11: Arcade night

Edd's POV

It's already been a few days without anything happening. In those days, I've been thinking about the old times when I used to hang out with [Y/N] a lot. I remembered that we would have Friday Arcade Night where... well do I really need to explain. I decided to invite [Y/N] to our Friday Arcade Night for old time's sake.

I knocked on [Y/N]'s bedroom door and walked in. She was laying on her bed, giggling at something on her phone. When she noticed me, [Y/N] looked up her phone with confusion.

"Hey Edd... Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Hey. Um, do you know what day it is?~"I looked at [Y/N] with a smirk on my face. "Should I... know?" She was now even more confused. "It isn't your birthday and it isn't mine either so I don't know..."

"No, I didn't mean it like that. Today is Friday... Do you remember what we always did on Friday nights?~" I questioned her again, thinking that she will now definitely remember.

"Would you stop pestering me with these questions and just tell me already!" [Y/N] crossed her arms with annoyance.

"It's the Friday Arcade Night."

"Oh-OOOOHH!"

"Yeah. Wanna go?"

"Sure!" [Y/N] got up from her bed, grabbed some clothes from her wardrobe and went right past me to the bathroom. (I guess I should get ready as well.) I grabbed my wallet and keys and shoved them in my pockets. (I'm... ready.) After 15 minutes, [Y/N] finally got out of the bathroom. She was in a pink t-shirt with white polka dots and a light blue skirt was down to the half of her upper leg. She even put on a little makeup. I blushed at the sight of her.

Tom walked by and stopped when he saw [Y/N] all dressed up. "Umm... Are you guys going somewhere?" He looked at [Y/N] confused. "Yes, to the arcade to spend some time like we used to!" [Y/N] answered with a smile on her face.

Matt popped out of nowhere. "ARCADE! Can I come, too?!"

"If it's okay with you Edd?" [Y/N] looked at me for an answer. I thought in my head for a second. "Why not? The more the merrier!" I said. For some reason, I wasn't so hyped at the thought of Matt coming with us. I don't know why...

"Tom, you wanna come, too?" I offered, trying to push those thoughts away. "No. I'm kind of tired so..." Tom shrugged. "Oh, okay then."

After Matt fixed his overcoat, we were all ready to go. "See you later!" [Y/N] waved to Tom while we were leaving the house. We got into the car and drove to the arcade. When we walked in, there were surprisingly a lot of people.

"Hey [Y/N], wanna-" "[Y/N]! You wanna try out some claw machines with me?" Matt interrupted me "Okay!" [Y/N] answered and then Matt dragged her away. I quickly followed them to not get left behind.

Matt's POV

Me and Edd were watching [Y/N] struggle to grab a half black, half white stuffed bear with the claw. "Ugh! This is totally rigged!" She lightly kicked the claw machine when she lost for the millionth time. "Let me do it." I pushed [Y/N] out of the way.

I inserted a coin in the coin slot and started controlling the claw. "Here's how a pro does it." I smirked. [Y/N] rolled her eyes and Edd looked bored. I pressed the button for grabbing and... the claw actually grabbed the stuffed bear!

"Yay!" I cheered too early. The plushie dropped right before it was above the prize box. "O-ooh, that was j-just the first try. Not even pros can get it the first time." I sweated.

I tried again.

"Matt this is just wasting our money... We should play something else instead." Edd sounded pretty annoyed. "No! We have to get that bear..." I was focusing on the claw machine as hard as I could. The claw caught the bear by it's leg, but quickly dropped it because of the bear's weight. "Damn it!" I lightly slammed my hand on the claw machine.