Chapter 2: A very long ride

Your POV

We spent a few minutes driving in silence until Matt turned on the radio. The radio started playing some popular generic song they play all the time. Tom was playing a mobile game on his phone and Edd was, of course, focused on the road.

(I am bored.) I thought to myself as I looked through the window. We were passing buildings, one after another, until we finally drove out of town.

Edd decided to make small talk. "So [Y/N], how was it living outside of London?" "It was fine." I said, silence following me right after.

"Cool..." He said after a few seconds. "Did you make any friends while you were gone?"

"N-no, not really..." I looked down at the floor of the car. It was kind of embarrassing to not have any friends at the age of 22.

I heard Tom cackle, trying to keep in the laugh. He was listening even though he was wearing earpods. Now I just feel annoyed.

"Aww, that's a shame." Edd sighed. "Don't worry, you've got us now!" Matt beamed.

"Matt's right, I bet we're gonna go on a lot of fun and amazing EDDvantures!~" Edd made a pun, making me giggle.

"Really..." Tom looked at Edd with annoyance and went back to his game.

I was curious to what he was playing. I got closer and tilted to the left to see. He was playing a rhythm game with cute dinosaurs. I could faintly hear piano music coming from his earpods. The game was going really fast, but he was doing great.

Suddenly, he stopped moving the little dinosaur to collect the notes and lost the game. I realised that he noticed me looking. I turned to see his face red with anger. "S-sorry." I moved back to my previous spot, away from him.

It's going to be really hard to become friends with Tom, but Matt on the other hand has been nothing but nice this whole time. Wonder how he's like when you get to know him better.

Three hours later...

I started to get sleepy. Matt turned off the radio a few minutes earlier because he was starting to get sick of the same songs playing on it. Edd was still focusing on the road. I could see his eyes in the rear-view mirror. They looked tired. Tom has stopped playing games and is now just looking through the window.

I close my eyes and soon I drift away to sleep.

Tom's POV

I was looking through the window. We were passing a lot of trees and fields when suddenly I felt something warm lean against me. I turn around and see [Y/N] sleeping on my shoulder.

(Great.) I thought while trying to push her awake. "[Y/N]." I whispered to not alarm anyone else. "What's going on back there?" Edd asked, turning his head a little, but still looking at the road.

Matt turned too, but he actually looked at us. He glared at me with confusion. (Just great.) I pushed [Y/N] to the other side of the car. She leaned on the car door, somehow still sleeping.

Car hitting a bump finally woke [Y/N] up, bonking her head in the process. I tried to hold in a laugh.

"Ow!" She gasped, holding her head. Edd now turned a whole 180 degrees to see what was happening.

"Are you guys having a party back there?!" He looked annoyed and tired. (Oof, how did we upset Edd of all people?)

"No, no. I just fell asleep on the car door and hit my head a little..." [Y/N] gave Edd an awkward smile, rubbing the back of her head.

"It's fine, just be CARful!" Edd winked at us and turned around to look at the road. (Oh, no. He's going to bomb us with puns now.)

"I want you all aDRIVE and WHEEL, you KNOB?" Edd was on fire, bad puns being the fuel. (I didn't even realise I made a pun here while I was writing this) "End me." I said, wanting this to end.

[Y/N] started laughing and Matt smirked a little. "RV there yet?" Matt asked, knowing that he just made a pun.

"Not you, too!" I shouted in fear of losing my sanity.

I looked at [Y/N] with a lasting hope of her not joining this, but I was wrong. She was stuck in thought, trying to think of a car pun to say. Matt was looking at her, waiting for a pun. Edd is probably waiting for it, too.

"I... hm... I can't think of a pun." [Y/N] started blushing from embarrassment. "Aww, the pun train is ruined..." Matt sniffled. (Thank god it's over.) But then something horrible happened.

"FIAT chance." Edd returned with his terrible puns like a pro.

"Ugh... Car you guys stop... " Right after I said that, I realised what I just did. "I-I meant CAN!" I quickly corrected myself, but it was too late. Everyone else in the car had a smug smile on their face.

"Eyyy, you did iiit!" Edd teased me. "Yeah, yeah. I was just in the heat of the moment, that's all..." I tried to brush it off.

We were having a blast. I hate to admit it, but I kinda liked it. [Y/N] fitted in our group nicely, even though she didn't talk that much. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad.

(Well, that was a lot of puns... Anyways, how you guys doin'? I'm great because tomorrow is gonna come out A NEW EPISODE OF HELLUVA BOSS! Tonight, I'mma watch the whole show again because I feel like it, lol.)

(My tip for writing: listen to this song on loop while you write. It will definitely get you motivated. It worked for me, sooo... Listen to this song, please. It's funny.)