Chapter 9

Once back at the apartment I hand Derrick the flashdrive with the required files, but I hide the other one in my back pocket.

"I'm going to go finish my nap." I tell Derrick.

"Wait before you do, we have an announcement." Rachel informs, coming out of the master bedroom with Derrick's shirt and shorts on.

I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes.

Derrick snakes his hands around her waist and kisses her.

"We're still here," I announce, when they start getting a little too heated.

Rachel smiles at me. "I'm pregnant."

"Come again?" I ask.

How in the hell are they going to take care of another baby?

"I'm pregnant." She repeats.

"Your keeping it? Seriously?" Andre asks.

They nod.

I smile. "Congratulations."

I then go to my room.

I grab my suitcase from my bag, and put my flash drive in.

I click on the link labeled Mother.

The first thing it tells me, is that she was mixed with African American and Indian. She was born on a preserve.

Her mother's name was Abi daughter of chief Haloi. Abi was known to be rebellious, so when her father required of her to marry a man she did not love, she escaped to Africa.

Abi meet an African man, and fell in love. Word came to that of her father would invade Africa to find her. Abi went back and discover she was pregnant with the love of her life's child.

She knew she'd die if she told anyone, because it was forbidden for a woman to have children before marriage. She agreed to marry any man her father wanted her to.

Once she gave birth, all she saw in Adi, her daughter was her love that she could never go back to.

She became bitter. She changed her name to Maya: meaning the bitter one. Maya took her bitterness out on her daughter, and ended up putting her daughter what Maya's father put her through.

When her child was a young adult, she ran away to escape from an arranged marriage. In attempts to leave her harmful past behind, she changed her name to Rachel Hemmingsworth.

I read that over again. It can't be!

Rachel jumped around from city to city until she met a man Derrick.

"What?!" I sneer.

How in the hell am I supposed to trust him with my life, when he can't even tell me that he's my father!

Derrick Yancy was born into a wealthy family. His mother and father worked for the Peace, Justice and Freedom Agency (PJAFA).

I gasp PJAFA is another agency and the only way out of any agency is death. How the hell did he get out?

Derrick's first mission was to capture a Princess and return her to her mother, Maya. Derrick tracked her for years and every time he got close to finding her, she disappeared.

Four years later, he finally captured her. They ended up falling in love, Derrick informed PJAFA that he had killed Rachael.

He refused to go to work and switched agencies to JFAHB. He sent Rachel and his son away to Brazil where they were to start anew. Every weekend, Derrick would go back to see her and their child.