Rachel (Chapter 23)

"Derrick, I want to go to church." I tell him getting into bed.

"Adi, you're on bed rest and you had a hell of a day."

I pout as he wraps his arms around me.

"This is the first time I can call you wife and it's true. Adi, I don't want you hurt. I'll go and tell you about it."

"Really."

"Yes. I'll never stop loving you."

"I can never stop loving you." I tell him as I do every night.

We fall asleep.

Our alarm clock goes off and Derrick quickly turns it off and wraps me in his arms.

"Stay with me a few more minutes." He mumbles adorably.

I turn and kiss his cheeks.

"I am sorry you can't go with us."

"I know, but come on you should get ready."

"It's only Saturday school." He groans getting up and puts on jeans.

I shake my head and sit up. I rub my stomach and get up. My legs hurt a little bit, but it's manageable.

I go to the closet and take out some slacks and a nice shirt. I hand them to him.

"First impressions are everything."

He scoffs and smiles at me.

"I'll make sure Malcolm and Jasmine are getting ready."

"Adi, I saw your struggle, just getting out of bed."

"Did you make the shoes?" I ask.

He gives me a small smile, probably regretting telling me. He knew I wouldn't forget though. He is creating shoes that make it easier to walk. I am not sure how, but he's good with his hands so he'll figure it out.

"Yes, I finished them, but bed rest means bed rest." He informs.

I smile. "At least let me get Malcolm ready."

"I'll get Malcolm, you can get Jasmine." He informs walking out of the room.

I walk out and go to Jasmine's room.

"Jasmine-"

"Rachel!" Jasmine shrieks as she pushes Ghost off her and sits up. I immediately start laughing.

Jasmine reminds me of myself when Derrick and I first started dating, it was intense and hot. Of course, it still is, but now it's more evolved. Her shirt is half way across the room and Ghost has his shirt off like usual.

I grab a seat covered in her clothes she hasn't put up yet and continue laughing.

"Rachel, God, I'm so sorry." Jasmine tells me.

I wave my hands. "It's okay, it reminded me of a different time."

Ghost gets up and offers his hand so I can get up. I look at his body and see he doesn't miss any workouts. His chest is perfectly toned and God those abs. If I was younger and hadn't met Derrick.

"Um, is there a reason your blushing?" Ghost smirks.

"Yeah, just glad my daughter knows how to pick them. You have the body of Derrick, I guess daughters really do go with men like their father's." I answer.

He chuckles as Jasmine blushes.

"So Rachel, what did you need?" Jasmine asks.

"I wanted to tell you to dress nice."