Chapter 13

I didn't get a good night's rest. I was paranoid that Vladimir would come out from nowhere and attack me, and plus we're on a plane.

I find my head in Ghost's lap. I quickly pick myself up.

"Good morning to you too." He smirks.

I push him. "How the hell did I get there?" I hiss.

"You feel asleep on my shoulder, and I don't know maybe the plane made a freak turn or something. I just woke up too, Danielle."

That name is so foreign, I don't like it.

"How does my face look?"

"Like someone punched the hell out of you."

"Such encouraging words." I snort.

He shrugs and puts his arm around me. I find a comfortable spot to place my head on his shoulder.

I glance across the way and see Derrick and Rachel are still asleep. Even in his sleep, he has a death grip on her. They look like a regular couple, which is bizarre.

Shouldn't a different or weird couple look different and/or weird? It's blowing my mind how at peace they look. Her long straight black hair is finally out of a bun. She has it down, like I've been begging her to do, for years.

It swings just past her waist so Derrick is covered in it. Their coating of brown skin matches, and their chests rise and fall to the same heartbeat, as if they are one person.

"They're cute." Ghost mummers.

"They really are. It's weird, I haven't seen him that relaxed since... Well, I've never seen him like that."

"That could be us." Ghost whispers.

I look at them again. I could do that, but of course, I wouldn't live my life on the run. I'd love and live with Ghost. We'd settle down and live together. I'd help support his teachings and we'd grow old together. It's not like either of us have ever thought about being together, in a different place, leaving the past behind and be normal.

That is what both of us dream about, forgetting this and being happy together, but we never had anyone who was involved in what we're in, and get away from it. Every time someone tries, they get killed as does their family.

"Except, no kids." We both agree.

We both nod and he pulls out his laptop.

"I've been keeping up with the kids at the house."

"Who did you leave in charge?"

"Donovan." He answers sternly.

"You're on better terms?"

"No, but he's family, so I trust him." He answers.

He and Donovan video chat for a few minutes and they quickly get off.

"Everything alright?"

"He's ruining what I've built."

"What did he do?"

"He bought a mansion with his earnings and is moving them into it. He wants to teach, and that's fine, but he is going to kill my pupils!"

"Baby, calm down." I soothe.

"I've got to talk to Nadia." He mutters.

He types angrily and a dark skinned African woman answers his video chat request. She looks the same. She still has the scars of her tribe still spread over her face.

Her beautifully wildly natural hair has grown and is styled well. Her small hands have always been good for doing hair and typing. She does look bigger, which is good because when she first got here, she was skinny enough to hide behind a twig.