Ghost (Chapter 25)

The door bell rings. I go to the door and see that guy Mike.

Malcolm comes by my side and hands him the money.

"Thank you for your services."

Mike smirks. "Tell your father my debt is paid."

I close the door. Malcolm goes upstairs and I go to Jasmine.

"Let's go see your sisters." I tell her.

She smiles completely giddy and we head upstairs to You her parents' room.

We open the door and find them both sound asleep in bed. It wouldn't be right to wake them. I'm sure their newborns will do that.

Malcolm leaves the room with us. I hear his stomach growl. "You want to go out and eat?"

He nods then yarns.

"What do want?" I ask.

"Pizza." He answers.

"Me too." Jasmine chimes in.

"That's what we'll have."

We leave and they head for the car.

"No, I have a different ride." I tell them.

"Where is it? I don't think Malcolm can walk much farther before he falls asleep." Jasmine informs.

I crouch down and Malcolm climbs on my back. I stand and he swings his legs around my stomach.

I lead the way and Jasmine stays by my side.

"Have you been talking to Nadia?"

"Yes, she took control and is running things while I'm gone." I tell her as Malcolm goes to sleep.

"So you will be eighteen in a few days. What should I get you?" She asks, knowingly.

I smile. "It would be great if you could buy a popcorn thong and a leopard bra." I answer as I do every time she asks what to get me.

I honestly don't need anything. I just need her and if she wore that we'd never leave the room.

She blushes. "Really that's the same thing I got you last year."

I chuckle. "Well I can't help it. I like seeing you in that."

"We're getting close to your old place." She reminds.

"Yeah, I know." I answer.

"Will anyone recognize you?"

"No. They all think I'm dead."

She nods and a few blocks later we get to my old house.

I take a deep breath as I look at the big white house. Plants have grown up the walls making it look scary. The wooden wall looks damaged and old. I was supposed to destroy this place, but I knew time would do that.

Jasmine puts her hands up on my chest.

"Ghost-"

"Call me Raphael when we're here." I whisper.

"Raphael, do you want to go inside?" She asks.

"No, what I want isn't in there." I tell her.

We walk to the back of the house and I remember all the good times I had here with my siblings. It was great! I feel myself catching a smile, then the night they all died comes to mind. What makes it worse is that it was because of me. I wasn't strong enough to save my younger brother, my mother and my father.

"Raphael." Jasmine calls.

I don't answer.

"Raphael, are you okay?"