Chapter 7: Save me?

Please stop
This nightmare I have every night

Save me
The deepest part of the eternal dream

A nightmarish dance
Endless rhythm
This darkness that swallowed the scream

 Eternally, by TXT

13-year-old Sunghoon was standing in front of his favourite candy shop.

He was contanplading if he should do it...

He made his little hands into fists and decided to walk in.

There is nothing more to lose anymore, anyways...

He looked around, there was nobody inside, other than him and the shop owner.

He let out a big sigh and closed his eyes...

Come on! You scaredy cat! If you don't do it, they will beat you up, again!

He opened his eyes and ran towards the shop owner, while pulling a knife out of his pocket.

++++++++++++++++

Sunghoon hated adults.

They will show up in his life only when they want something from him.

"Now, tell me why did you do such a dangerous thing, eh?" - Mr. Kim, the social worker, asked the young boy who was sitting in front of him.

"I'm sorry." - Sunghoon said in a way too monotone way to actually sound genuine.

"Sunghoon. Please, look at me..." - Mr. Kim pleaded as he tilted Sunghoon's chin up, so the boy would look at him.

"Really... I am truly sorry..." - Sunghoon, sounded a bit more genuine now.

But Mr. Kim was not like other adults, it seemed.
Mr. Kim always tried to understand Sunghoon.

"Okay. Now that you've apologized, tell me why did you attack the store owner with a knife?"

"..."

"Did the older kids put you up to this? I've seen them pick on you, before. It was that kid, Ray, right. The mixed blood."

"Yes." - Sunghoon, decided to be honest with Mr. Kim.

The man has been nothing but kind to him ever since Sunghoon entered the orphanage.

Mr. Kim promised to come and see Sunghoon almost every weekend and for the past year, he still hasn't missed to come see the boy, not even once.

This made Sunghoon feel like he finally had a friend by his side.

Mr. Kim even brought him presents sometimes like new clothes and sweets.

"I like you, Hoon. I really do. I don't want you getting into trouble ever again, okay. Do you want me to transfer you to another orphanage?"

"No!"

"You sure?"

"Yes! I can survive here, I promise!"

If I leave... Sungjae won't know where to find me...

What if he returns one day?
I need to stay here and wait for him.

"You are worried about your little brother returning one day and not being able to find you, right?" - Mr. Kim, asked.

"...yes... How do you know? I never told you that..."