24

MYLES' POV :

MYLES' POV :

It's only been one day since we came here, the only day before we started all the medical procedures, the actual reality of this trip. It wasn't for the roses and the brunches, it wasn't for the cute little shops down the lane and nights under the Eiffel Tower. It definitely wasn't for a trip to the lavender and tulips fields, but here we were. 

Just the two of us. She was wearing a white dress with small flowers printed on it, her dark hair fluttering in the air as she rested her head on the window of the car as the music blasted from the speakers of the car. 

Something about her didn't bother me. Something about her intrigued me, made my heart skip a beat. I wanted her to have the stars and sun. I wanted to give her the star and sun. 

But she isn't mine. 

We made her way through the fields with our radio going out of service and her running her way in and me following behind, laughing at the small comments that involuntarily unveiled from my lips, a small smile plastered on mine followed. I watched her stop at our picnic spot, sitting down and the sun kissing her face. She stood there at the centre of the fields. There was a sight to her I never knew, the sky,the sun,the winds, nothing mattered, nothing bothered us. 

"You look beautiful", I whispered, tucking the dark lock of her hair that managed to fly up to her face, behind her ear. She looks down, hiding a small smile that made its way to her lips and blush on her cheeks. 

It was like a fairytale and I can't explain it. We were surrounded by hundreds of flowers, away from the city, the loud traffic noise and the unconceived notion of people, the silent winds and chatter revolved around there, we were here, in the calm. It revolved around the fact that life kept moving on, that time didn't stop for anyone and neither did it chase anyone.

But it did today. It did today for us. And to say I was under her spell was an understatement. Her touch, her sweet smell, her voice, her smile, her lips, I wanted it all. I look at her, I see her looking back at me, our eyes locked, her black ones with mine. They carried a glimmer, a hint of glitter like sparkle. I take a step forward, moving close to her and closing the distance between us, my hand cupping her cheek. 

She doesn't move, she doesn't flinch, she says nothing. All she does is look up at me, wrapping her hands around my waist. I had so many words to say, so many feelings to describe, everything that managed to surface right now but I couldn't speak. 

"Thanks for driving us here", she whispered. 

"No problem", I replied, "Maybe we can find something for us to do whilst we are here " 

"I'd like that", she responded. And I was about to respond, we heard a crackling static noise from the car, snapping our heads in that direction. 

"I'll go check that", I said, reluctantly pulling away from her, resenting my decision the moment I didn't like it one bit. It was like I was standing with a host, her touch managed to linger on my skin, leave its invisible imprints on it.