3

ELIZABETH'S POV

ELIZABETH'S POV

"People with leukaemia sometimes experience remission, a state after diagnosis and treatment in which the cancer is no longer detected in the body. However, the cancer may recur due to cells that remain in your body. It's like a circle, there is a fair chance it may come back", Alex explained. 

"Is there a survival chance?" 

"There is a 65% possibility of survival, give or take, it all depends on how your body takes the treatment", I said. 

I watch him slowly leaning back on his chair, his face a blank canvas being painted with dark colours of the hospital and medications to come. 

"What if I opt not to undergo any further treatment? ", he asked. 

"You die, dumbass", Alex muttered bluntly, making me swatt his hand, "Ow ! what was that for" 

"Be professional or else I won't get you that glow in the dark stethoscope you want", I whispered. 

"You wouldn't" 

"But I would" 

"Please excuse him he hasn't had his sugar yet", I said,"If this disease is left untreated, you might start increasingly becoming susceptible to fatigue, excessive bleeding and infections until, finally, the body becomes virtually defenceless, making every minor injury or infection very serious" 

"I understand" , he said , "So, how do we go forward with this ?" 

"Given the circumstances we might be looking at either a bone marrow transplant or clinical trials, it's too late to modify the cells at this point. But before all this, I need you to come in next Tuesday for blood work and get some scans done so we know what we are dealing with as well as get updated reports. You'll have to book an appointment at the front desk. We'll take it one step at a time from there"  

"I'll get a appointment for next Tuesday", he said 

"Great", I said, closing the file, standing up as I straightened my coat. 

"I'll see you next Tuesday then", I said as we got out of the office, walking him to his room. 

"Next Tuesday it is", he replied, opening the door, making sure he was settled in properly, we left. 

We entered my office only to be greeted by a bouquet of white roses, a beautiful arrangement of flowers, my favourite ones. 

"Did you get these for me ?", I asked Alex 

"No", he said, "But there's a note in there, I think" 

The little note it had read, "The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, will point blank not like you. But it is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. Don't waste your precious time and gifts trying to convince them of your value, they won't ever want what you're selling. Don't convince them to walk alongside you. Love, Aries " 

"I need some great air"

------------------------

Hi my loves heres the 3rd Chapter I hope you liked it , tag me in your posts/review about Dear Butterflies on instagram (@starfire2389 @reythakker) and Twitter ( @starfire2389 @reyxthakker )

Dont forget to vote and comment

Until next time 🤍🦋

Word count: 526 words

Sorry for the short chapter, the following chapters will be longer I promise.

EDITED AND REWRITTEN *