nightmares

nat story again 💀
I honestly don't even know. I was talking about my trauma response with my friend earlier and I thought about writing this and here we are 🦆 ALSO I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED I AM WITH KATE SEIGEL. OMFGGGG THAT WOMEN IS A GODESS. anyway, enjoy:)
-

you woke up in a cold sweat, sitting up in your now wet bed, feeling like the walls were collapsing in on themselves. this had been happening since you got out of France. you'd been kidnapped in a mission, they couldn't find you. not for 2 years.

as a trauma response, you wouldn't speak English. the French you had learned from hydra being your only way of communicating. you would never be in your room without the door wide open, the feeling of being trapped scared you.

unknown to you though, natasha had been picking up on your behaviour, she knew nothing she could say would make you better again. she just wanted her y/n back. the y/n that made nat breakfast in bed whenever you got up early enough. the y/n that would spend days reading, and then use all the big words no one understood in casual sentences.

nat wanted back her y/n.

knowing that speaking to you in English wouldn't help a thing, she learnt french. just for you. it took a month or so before she could have a proper conversation and know how to respond to basic questions and sentences. but she learned. for you.

natashas room was next to yours, so she could hear when your crying. it pained her to hear you hurt. but she knew she couldn't help. going in there would make you even more frightened. she knew from experience.

one day, when you were in the gym, natasha came in and it seemed like the perfect time to try out her new french, in a attempt to befriend you again.

"Bonjour" natasha started, walking over to the treadmill you were on and going to use the one next to you.

you turned your head toward the redhead, a confused but also relieved look on your faces "bonjour." you replied before getting back to your running.

"Comment allez-vous?" natasha asked, she wanted to have a proper conversation with you. she wanted things to be the way the used to. but she knew they never would be. it pained her. (How are you?)

"je vais bien, toi?" you replied, making natasha smile. your conversation continued as you used the treadmills. (I am ok, you?)

after that day, natasha would come in your room every day for atleast half an hour to talk. she loved your company, and she loved you. her french got better as you guys talked too.

one night, you woke up sweating. the same dream. over and over and over and over. it was worse this time though. the bodies were cold. they were purple and there was so much blood.

you stumbled into natashas room, the sound of your slippers making a thump noise every time you made a step. you got to her door, seeing in the large clock on the wall it was only 12am, which is earlier than normal. the room was lit up with candles. it smelled amazing, warm and safe.

you knocked on natashas door a few times to get her attention, drawing her away from her mission report. she looked up to see you in your pyjamas, your bunny slippers on, just the same as before. this gave her closure, you were still there. just different.

Natasha put her arms out, beckoning you in for a hug. you burst out crying as you entered her room, the small desk chair somehow holding both of you as you sat on her lap.

"Il y avait tellement de corps" you spoke. natashas face dropped as you said this, you never spoke about your time in France for obvious reasons. but the fact you came to her for help made her feel better. (there were so many bodies)

"Tu es en sécurité" natasha said, kissing your forehead as you kept crying. (you're safe)

natashas small whispers in your ear continued until your crying became small hiccups.

"thank you" you said, looking at natasha. she smiled at you lovingly. you never forgotten about your relationship with natasha. you missed her, so much. you just didn't know how to deal.

you pecked her lips, making her jump a bit in surprise, before she smiled wide. her cheeks turned a light red before she pepper kissed all over your face, making you giggle at the sensation.

"I missed you" nat said, hurt but also relieved. you smiled and kissed her cheek in thanks.

"Est-ce que je peux rester ici ce soir?" you asked natasha, which she smiled at and nodded, pointing toward her bed. you climbed off of her lap and went to sit on her bed.
(can I stay here tonight?)

"I just finish this and I'll be there" natasha said, she didn't know if you felt comfortable with her just yet, but by the smile and blush on your face, you were happy.

happy for the first time in so long.

when natasha had finished her report, she looked back at you to find you asleep under the covers. she blew out the candles before getting into the bed with you.

she's got a piece of her y/n back.