tired

this isn't a romance story, sorry, but it's sweet :)
-

you stared out of the window, your 3rd lesson today and it's not even 12. you stared at the clock for a while, begging to get out of mr downeys class.

you're exhausted. the homework had become too much, the worry about the smallest things clouded your mind. it's becoming too much.

"y/n stay behind" you heard from the front, causing you to groan. everyone left, but you.

"mr downey?" you said, walking to the front of the classroom.

"don't call me that it sounds weird coming from you. why were you zoning out in class? you payed little to no attention today" he replied, leaning back in his chair.

"just tired dad. I'm fine really. I need to go or miss johnasson will keep me behind" you said, trying to get out of the situation. your dad nodded, letting you go to your next class.

you know you'll have to put on a good show for this next class, meaning as miss johansson is a good friend of your fathers and has known you your entire life, she sees right though you,
like you're glass to her.

you smiled at her as you entered, and you thought you did a good job of hiding, but apparently not, because Scarlett gave you a confused look.

you sat at your desk, getting out the necessary equipment before scarlett began her lecture. you slowly felt yourself slipping into a trans, knowing that you wouldn't be able to stop it, you put your head on the desk and let sleep take you.

the class felt like minutes, meaning as you slept through most of it. you woke up to the feeling of someone's hand on your face, moving your hair. you opened your eyes slightly to look at her, seeing it was scarlett you relaxed into her touch.

your mother wasn't really ever around, you didn't know her very well, you don't even remember what she looked like. scarlett filled in for your mother though, you loved her like you'd love a mother.

"sweet girl, I need you to wake up" Scarlett whispered comfortingly. you groaned sleepily, before moving your head from the desk to Scarlett's shoulder.

"why did you fall asleep, that's not like you" she mumbled, kissing your forehead lightly, as you laid on her shoulder.

you felt your walls slowly breaking down, you bit your lip to suppress cries, but you couldn't keep it in.

"it's okay to cry, I'm right here" those words made you loose it. you sobbed hard in Scarlett's chest as she held you, whispering sweet nothings into your ear as she comforted you.

"I'm so tired scar. it's all too much, I can't do it all, I'm only 18!" you spoke up, taking a few breaks to let out the cries.

Scarlett continued to let you cry, holding you tight.

"I'm so proud of you y/n. so so proud. you're a good student, an amazing friend, and overall a great person. you're so loved and appreciated, and life is always just there to kick you in the nuts, but you'll get through it, you always do" Scarlett said, holding your hand.

"remember that time when you were 13, and you liked this girl so much, you asked her to homecoming and she said no because she was straight. you cried for what? 3 days? but you got over that" Scarlett said, making you laugh at the memory.

"or that time you had 8 assignments due in the next 3 days and we stayed up until 3am on a Saturday morning finishing them all, you cried for.. a long time.. but you got through that too" Scarlett said again, and you smiled at the memory of you both sat on your bedroom floor, paint all over the place, with your hair all messy and your clothes uncomfortably sticky from the sweat.

"I love you" you muttered, hugging around Scarlett's neck.

"I love you more pretty girl"