Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - The Stronghold of Desperate Choices

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day - Day 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-3rd Person POV- (Eientei, past midnight...)

I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET EVER BEING BORN!"

The girl with long white hair screamed at the one with long black hair, before hurling a fireball at her with many more following quickly after. Mokou was furious, no, she was far more than that. Kaguya knew that fact simply by looking at the girl enveloped in flames, which burned brighter than ever before as far as she could recall.

She was excited. Finally some REAL fun for once. Mokou was starting to care less and less about killing each other, which made Kaguya more and more bored. But because she found a way to trigger Mokou to the point a volcanic eruption would appear as a mere joke in comparison, she was laughing maniacally out of pure joy, getting to enjoy a real fight with Mokou as both try to kill each other yet again.

„Huhuhu! You will need to be able to hit me first!"

Kaguya taunted, not attacking back just yet, but dodging, just to pull Mokou to her limits until she could commit a genocide on a whim.

YOU BITCH!"

Having had enough of her tomfoolery, Mokou launched herself right into Kaguya while being fully engulfed in flames, which were hot enough to melt tungsten in not even a mere second.

Kaguya had enough fun teasing her around, and now switched up to kill Mokou in the most satisfying way she could think of. As the Mokourite approached her, she charged right into it while charging a large colourful orb in front of her, and just before both of them were to make contact, she released the orb and dodge, expecting Mokou to get obliterated.

However, even if enraged, Mokou wasn't foolish. She hurled all the fire around her right into the orb last second and dropped to the ground as a huge explosion occurred.

„Expected nothing less from you, Mokou. Now, shall we continue~?"

Kaguya said, as she dusted herself off from all the dust and ash, which was sent everywhere around them. The explosion was so large that multiple bamboo tress nearby were turned into memories while the more lucky ones were only broken and lied on the ground, scattered everywhere where the fire didn't get to burn them.

Mokou managed to calm down a bit, telling herself that letting herself be controlled by her rage is exactly what Kaguya wants. Nonetheless, she still wanted to rip Kaguya into multiple pieces and scatter them all around Gensokyo until she would be revived, due to her immortality.

Mokou charged at Kaguya and engaged into a fist fight, of course, Mokou did set her fists on fire, which means getting hit by them would result in third degree burns.

Kaguya didn't mind, however, as she either dodged the incoming fire fists or blocked them with her own fists, covered in magical essence, which would reduce the pain of receiving a fire one.

Kaguya went in for a gut punch, but Mokou was quick to block that with both her hands and tried to swipe Kaguya's legs with her own leg. That quickly failed, as Kaguya jumped over Mokou while Mokou still clung to her right hand, resulting in Kaguya slamming Mokou onto the ground.

But before Kaguya was able to open her mouth to even think about saying a single word, Mokou, still holding onto her right hand, threw her to the ground as well.