Mennini Ending

Mennini Ending – Anton decides to side with Giovanni Mennini.

-Anton Drevov's POV- (Human Village, two hours before disaster strikes...)

...

...

...

„...Mennini!"

After I had exclaimed out loud who I picked, I immediately could tell from their reactions who felt what.

Mennini was surprised at first, but quickly started laughing out of joy.

Mr. A was at first shocked, now I can see him fuming with rage.

Johann... is just standing there. Menacingly... If I may add.

Why did I go with Mennini? Mennini always appeared to me as the cautious person who tried his best to get things done without the need to draw blood. At this time of day, in this situation we currently are trapped, I think he would be the best person to rely on fixing this mess.

The mess I have caused... Regardless, if Mennini truly believes that we can get out of this alive if we stop things now and try to talk things out, then I am willing to give it a shot.

It doesn't matter if the youkai exist or not, we already caused more damage to this land then any youkai would... I just hope I can be forgiven...

„A-Anton... I knew you weren't a bad person! I know this decision must have been hard for you, but don't worry! I will go try and contact someone which could help us stop this, right away!"

After Mennini said this, happy that he was wrong about me being a... bad person... he ran off to try and start calming things down.

...Am I truly not a bad person? No. I might have had good intentions at first... but the power got to my head and... and now we stand here, in the middle of a crumbling palace, with little hope of salvation.

Unless Mennini can somehow manage to save us.

Until then and even after then, I can never again look at myself in the mirror, and claim to be a good person. A man of the people.

„I can't believe what I just witnessed! Surely, I must have been deceived by a youkai lurking around! What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

Mr. A yelled, coming closer to me as he stared at me with hatred filled eyes.

„All you had to do was do as I say! I am a native to this land, you idiotic Outsider!"

Enough. I will not allow a warmongering asshole talk to me like that. I am still, the Vozhd of this village.

„Listen here. First off, you address me, as the Vozhd. Got it? Secondly, if you raise your voice at me one more time, it won't end well for you. Lastly, I made my choice. Now follow it and do as I say."

...

...

...?

Mr. A started to slowly chuckle until he started to full on laugh.

Looking around the room, I also noticed the absence of Johann. Where the hell did he venture off to again?

„Ooooh... Anton, Anton, Anton... Poor little Anton..."

Mr. A started to send chills down my spine, making me feel like something bad is going to happen. Just what is he doing?

„What did I just say!? Yo-"

„Anton. It was fun, I must say. I truly enjoyed your company."

...?

„...What do you mean?"