Not Friendship

NOT FRIENDSHIP

Before, every time she calls my name, my heart flutters like bloody hell too much. When I look at her, she'll smile like she's absolutely happy to see me. When she extends her hands out to me, looking at me with those worry-filled eyes, I would want to faint or just get her in my arms.

But, yeah. We broke.

A guy stole her away from me. It's not like she fell for him, it's just that I'm not tactical. My head's big, but I can't think of any shit to get her back again. Maybe like her friend said "Do everything to get her back. Maybe buy her lunch? etc.". But, I can't even get close to her because of him. I gave up. I surrender. I gave her the flower I've been taking care of for 3 months. I loved her, she loves him. I felt like dying...

But one gave me courage to stand up again.

"PAUUUUL!!!", Jean screamed at me. I stared at her blankly, wondering on why she should shout my name, but I just replied, "Yeah?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to say your name.", she flashed me a 100%-most-brightest smile she got. It hurts my eyes, but not only my eyes.. But also my heart.

"Why my name?", I replied at her, eyes still hurting. 

"Is there a problem about it?", she tilted her head, flashing me a part of beautiful neck. This girl's getting on my nerves.

"I'm just asking.", I replied at her, looking straightly into her eyes. She did the same after. Her eyes were deep brown, like she has a lot of thoughts in her head.

But, she suddenly looked away.

"It's just that your name's easy to say.", she showed that smile again. But, now, she has rosy cheeks. She's always white, really white, you won't know if she's a person or not if she stood next to a mannequin. She's totally pretty also. 

What the hell am I thinking?

I shook my head again, and stared at her angrily. 

"W-What?! I just like your name that's all...", her voice trailed off and her cheeks went pink again. My hearts stop beating fast, making me nervous and sweaty. Fuck, what's happening?!

"Don't come near me ever again!", I suddenly shouted at her, shoving her away from me. Her surprised face made my face fall, making me terribly confused. What's with Jean? I don't really know, but I've got to stop this. It hurts.

"W-Why?", she said to me in such a tone which can make you cry.

"N-Nothing.. You make me crazy, so get away.", I said rather bluntly, which seriously made her cry.

Shit.

"Hey, don't cry.. Please don't cry..", I tried consoling her. Tears are my biggest weakness. I can't take it if a girl's crying.

She wiped her tears away with her hand as she stood up from the cold ground. She confronts me with a brave face I won't dare forget. Especially her impeccably red nose.

"If you hate me, I hate you too!", she declared.

Hate...? She misunderstood.

"N-No, Jean. I actually don't hate you. I just want--", she cuts me off quickly, not ending my line.

"Me to stay away from you? Is that what you want to say?", she shouts at me, her eyes teary.

I nodded back at her nervously, yet excited for her next reactions.

"Why can't you realize this puzzle fast?", she softly said as her tears run down. I stood up and quickly got my handkerchief to lend it to her. As I reached it out, she slaps my hand, making the handkerchief fall.

"Like hell I need that from someone who rejected me just now.", she turned away and ran.

Rejected..?

I stood there, facing the air, thinking of things. Why would she use that word out of all things? I mean, I wouldn't like to misunderstand her. She's a very straightforward girl, sometimes she's even blunt. If I take her literally, it would only mean one thing... That one thing... 

Friendship?

Suddenly, I felt a warm touch in my shoulders. Two warm hands which I would like to sleep onto. I wanted to look at the person, so I tried turning to his or her side.

"Stop."

A girl's voice is heard. I don't know her, but I expect for something.

"I bet you should chase her."

"Why would I chase someone I hate?", I asked the unknown girl.

"She's someone who could give you love.", I felt her warmth again. I felt her smile against my back. As much as my curiosity wants to know, she stops it.

"How could Jean give love to me if my love was shattered before?", I asked her.

"That girl is like a construction worker. It could fix anything in a jiffy. She doesn't look like on though.", the unknown girl giggled, and it was very familiar.

"Can you just chase her? Something might happen to the girl. I'm worried."

"Tell me who you are.", I answered her.

"Then, turn your head, boy. For you'll see nothing.", her formality reminds me of only one person.

I turned my head fast just to see...

Nothing.

Not exactly nothing. I was in another place. I looked around, wondering how I went here. As for my last head turn, I saw Jean. She was still crying, shouting unnecessary things. 

"PAUL'S AN IDIOT!" and "IT HURTS!".

Those were the only things I heard of which made me laugh a little. Maybe stop with the relaxing.

"JEAN!!", I shouted at her, panting from all the miles we've run. She's fast, I must admit.

"Shut up!!", she shouted back without turning back, running faster. I stopped for a while.

 Did she just do that?

My anger dwelled up inside of me. Why could she talk like that to me? But, I'm more curious on why I am so angry. I have two answers actually. It's either I hate people who talk to me like that or...

She didn't face to look at me.

I ran at my top speed, chasing her through the whole school.

I didn't know what this girl was doing, but she was laughing right now while I'm chasing her. She turned to face at me, running backwards, maintaining her speed. My jaw dropped open, not believing what I am seeing.

She laughed with her rosy cheeks and her impeccable red nose. I just can't take it.

I finally caught up to her, and grabbed her in my long, thin arms. She flustered a little, but she didn't hesitate to hug back.

Maybe it's not friendship.. Maybe it's love?

"She's someone who could give you love."

As we let go, she smiled. "I'm glad you figured it out, Paul."

"I'm also glad."

I held a grasp of her soft, curly hair and pushed her face towards mine, making our lips unite. I indulged every sweet moment as she kiss me back.

"I love you."

Love is a God. It's everything.