Mom Won't Leave Me

MOM WON'T LEAVE ME

"In a world full of darkness, there's always a way to find the light, the way out."

---

I always have nightmares which scare the soul out of me.

And every time I wake up from it, tears from my eyes won't dare stop. It won't stop unless I'm pouring my soul out.

But my mom was always there, helping me.

There was that unforgettable memory when I kept on dreaming the same thing; running and running while some monster ought to catch me. I was scared and frightened, but mom's voice awakened me.

"Dear, dear. What are you dreaming?"

I woke up, panting, seeing mom by my dear side. She held my hand with both of her warm hands. I started crying, and hugged my mom. I felt that she was my lifesaver. I was in the midst of my death inside my dream, which can make me insane, but there she was.

The path of light out of my dream.

"Dear, stop crying."

She pats me, and started lying down beside me. "I'll sleep by you, okay?"

I gleefully nod back, totally happy.

Goodbye nightmares. My mom is here now.

As the morning arrived, mom left for her job. I never woke up, but I felt her warm lips touch my forehead. My eyes were close, my body was sleeping. I never sought her out when she goes for her job. I was just to sleepy, that's all.

Afternoon, it was. I was waiting for my mom to call our house, to check how I was doing. She does that every single day she goes to her job.

I was staring at the telephone, waiting for it to ring, so I could hear my mom's soothing voice.

As evening arrived, no one went home.

"Mom?"

The phone rang abruptly and I ran for it. Is mom going to have an overnight at her job? Was there emergency patient that she was needed for an all-night? No, this mustn't be happening.

I picked it up. "Mom--"

"This is Nurse Fred of Marigold Hospital. Are you the son of Ms. Swann?"

The nearest hospital where mom works? What happened?

I mutter, "Yes, sir, I am. What happ--", he cuts me off.

"Son, look. I want you to be rational about this. I need you to come to the hospital right now You are needed to be here.", he said.

"What happened to mom?", I started crying silently, so the nurse won't hear me.

I heard him sigh for a while as he finally said, "She was involved in a accident. We need you to snap out of her sleep, and wake her up. She'll know you still need him. There, we might have a chance to wake her, okay, son?"

I cried loudly, not knowing what to do.

"Son, don't cry. Want an ambulance to go there?"

His soothing voice made me stop crying.

Just like my mom.

I just took the offer, and after some minutes, an ambulance was there.

As I arrived to the hospital, I saw a pale angel, ready to die.

"Mom!! Wake up, Mom!!", I cried loudly, my screams echo through the crowded hallways. People saw me and pitied me. But I didn't care. I love mom, I want her to be by my side.

"Clear!!"

I knew mom was about to die. We have no other chance to be together. If I had just sought her this morning to her work, maybe this could all change.

"1, 2, 3!!"

With a goodbye kiss, maybe she was still by my side right now. Patting my head, kissing my cheeks, lying beside me.

"Clear!!"

A *toot* was heard from the machine. I knew mom was alive. I ran by her side and cried. "Mom.. Why leave me?!"

The nurses start to push me, away from my mom. Kids like me aren't allowed to enter that area. No, I didn't care.

She lost life again and started with the clearing procedure once more. And..

She had no more chance.

Mom was always there for me.

Now, I'll be there for her.

I took a scalpel from one of the rooms in the hospital.

I ran to mom's room, where she was covered in a blanket. I removed it to gaze at mother. She's now dead, but still shimmering. Mom was everything. Now, I'm nothing.

I took a scalpel from my pocket.

"Mom, I'll be here for you now. Nightmares like this mustn't exist at all, because now.."

"You are at my side."

I took a bloody scalpel from my stomach.

"Right?"

I faint, finally. I finally found the light out of my pitch black darkness.

I lied beside mom, and with my final strength, I started to pat Mom's head. I kissed he cheek. With my final strength, I finally said.

"Mom."