Season 4 Chapter 4: Scaly Showdown

'Duuuude! Anytime now! The creepy Dracula's gonna have our necks if you're not here in ten minutes as promised!' Hobie nervously urged in a low tone over the phone while taking a short minute in the men's restroom. 'Gwen's already giving me 'the look', so you owe me, big time!'

"You don't think I know that?! I'm trying as fast as I can over here!"

Few minutes ago in the middle of their class with the eerie professor named Dr. Michael Morbius, Peter—while scrolling down on his new smartphone that he was able to purchase with his accumulated pay from the Daily Bugle—out of curiosity during the lecture, noticed an ongoing news of a bank robbery led by the fake magician Mysterio. To go and confront him, he was able to excuse himself for a period of time and quickly donned his Spider-man suit in the men's room before heading out to battle Mysterio. At the moment, he's dodging his plasma bolts while trying to stop some masked men from robbing a bank.

"Surrender now, Spider-man, and your fateful demise shall be made quick and painless!" Mysterio urges in an arrogant tone as he continues to fire mystic plasma bolts at the Wall-crawler before shooting his green mist to summon a few of his robotic lookalikes to distract him.

"C'mon Bubblehead, that trick's getting way old," Spider-man groaned as he webs a line to one of the robotic lookalikes and then hurls it around like a flail, smashing the other robots before throwing it at the truck that the goons were gonna use as their escape vehicle.

"Now you've done it!" Mysterio roared as he rushed towards Spider-man out of anger with plasma-imbued fists.

"Not done yet!" Spider-man differed as he webs a line on two poles and then slings himself towards Mysterio at a fast speed and then lands a strong kick to his face while rendering him unconscious and shattering his helmet to pieces. "Okay, now we're done. I gotta get back to class, but right after making yourselves look neat for the police."

Not long after Spider-man binds Mysterio and the goons in webbing to the pole, he immediately swings out of the scene and makes his way back to ESU, just a few minutes before the police enters and arrests the bound evildoers.

'Ohmanohmanohmanohman!' Peter internally panicked, running out of the restroom and then quietly returned to the classroom through the back door, discreetly walking to his seat between Gwen and Hobie. 'So um, I made it?'

For some odd reason however, Gwen and Hobie didn't respond while bearing uneasy looks around Peter.

"Guys, is something up?" Peter whispered in a confused tone towards Kitty and Johnny nearby, who are also being unresponsive and nervous for some reason towards him.

"Now then, hmm ah yes, Mr. Parker, would you care to explain the relationship in this diagram?" The eerie doctor Michael Morbius called, suddenly putting Peter into a corner with a smirk for being a few minutes late.

'Ohhh...that is why. Well that's just great...' Peter internally groaned.

After the class is dismissed, the other students leave, and finish up Dr. Morbius' short scolding pep talk, Peter then leaves the classroom with Gwen, Kitty, Hobie, and Johnny—who were all waiting for Peter outside—before walking with them down the corridor in the scientific department's campus building.

"So Peter, how was the chat?" Kitty wondered out of curiosity.

"Well surprisingly, he looks like Dracula, but he does not act or sound like him. He was kinda gentle and nice, but just extremely strict. Plus, he does not have the accent, totally far from how we might've imagined him to be," Peter replied in a surprised tone. "He just basically gave me a first degree warning, or so he says."