Seven

Ashton spends the next few months devoting his time to his baby boy. Every single waking moment. If the baby was up, Ashton was up. He didn't want to hear the wailing, which he didn't hear often because Evan was a quiet baby. He barely got any sleep, but he would rather have a full night of sleep than to be constant woken up from the baby crying.

Luke still hasn't come home or called, or anything to tell Ashton he was still alive. In the back of Ashton's mind, he thought what if he didn't come back, or that he is hooking up with slutty girls or boys and has forgotten all about his husband. It's been almost a year, which normally Ashton would just shake off, but now he has a baby and they're married. Everything is different. Don't get Ashton wrong, he has tried to connect, constantly leaving Luke messages about little Evan. He also tries to find out what's going on by going on Twitter, which still confuses Ashton. Nothing but photos from concerts a few weeks ago show up.

It was one night. Ashton fell asleep in the 7 month baby's room in the rocking chair. Evan starts crying in the middle of night, waking Ashton up, barely. He gets up, back stiff, and he goes over to the baby, cradling him. That's when he hears knocking on the door, which makes Evan cry more. He keeps Evan in his arms, and goes downstairs, wondering who would come to the house at 3:00 AM. Ashton lets out a yawn, and slowly opens the door.

Luke stands there. Ashton's hoodie on, and sweatpants. Somehow, he looked wide awake. Evan starts to wail again. Ashton wasn't even processing what is going on, he is so tired. Luke realizes how tired Ashton looks. Yet, he still looks beautiful. Ashton coos the baby to stop crying, which works.

"Hey babe and baby." Luke grabs his luggage and steps inside. Ashton blocks him.

"Where have you been? What happened to three to five months! Luke it's been almost a year!" Ashton managed to get out. He was so tired.

"I'll explain later. You need to sleep. I can take care of the baby. You go sleep." Ashton gives Evan to Luke, kissing the little baby's head. He was starting to get some tuffs of hair, and that made Ashton excited. Luke pouts because he didn't get a kiss.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Ashton says, kissing Luke's mouth. Luke moans because he missed the contact. Ashton breaks the contact. "But welcome back." Luke smiles, following Ashton upstairs.

The light shined in the nursery. Luke walks into the room, forgetting how awesome the room is. He checks the baby's diaper before putting Evan in the crib, turning off the light, and leaving the room.

Ashton was sprawled out across the bed, already fast asleep. Luke chuckles, trying to move him, but Ashton was heavier than he remembered. He puts Ashton under the covers, and kisses his head, before getting ready for bed himself. 

In the morning, Ashton somehow got up to check on the baby. Evan wasn't crying, but Ashton could tell he had a dirty diaper. Ashton quickly changes the diaper, putting a new one on. Evan than starts crying, he was hungry, Ashton knew that. He needed a bottle. But that was downstairs and-

"Needing this?" Luke says, waving a bottle at Ashton. Ashton smiles, trying to grab the bottle from Luke. Luke shakes his head, he feeds the baby the bottle. "He is still my kid after all, and I'm not clueless. I would really like to be able to take care of him." Ashton hands Evan to Luke. Ashton wished he had his phone with him. The moment was picture perfect. In that moment, everything was perfect, their small family was perfect.

"M'sorry Luke. It's just, I'm still kinda mad at you." Luke nods.

"I completely understand. I would be so fed up if I were you. I would've kicked me out of the house, and wouldn't even trust him." Ashton shrugs.