Eight

Evan: 5 years old

"When is Papa coming home?" Ashton sighs, helping Evan put on his small jacket, buttoning it.

"Soon little buddy." Evan huffs, pouting a bit. Luke has been gone on tour for about a week and Evan wasn't very happy about it.

"But I want Papa now!" He says, trying to see if anything would change if he made a fit.

"Evan, I told you Papa is away for a few weeks. He'll be back before you know it. Oh God- Is that the time? Evan go get your backpack." Evan follows Ashton's directions considering it was his first day of kindergarten and he couldn't wait to see Ella.

Evan grabs his Spiderman backpack. Evan thinks Spiderman is the bestest superhero ever. Ashton finds it adorable how excited he gets when they watch anything related to him. Even though Spiderman wasn't Ashton's favorite, he loved watching Evan be so happy, so he constantly watched Spiderman with him.

Evan hops into his car seat, and lets Ashton strap him in. Ashton kisses Evan's forehead lightly before getting in the front to start to drive.

"Daddy, can we listen to Papa's music again?" Ashton nods, laughing and putting in the CD. Evan loved Luke's music and would always ask to listen to it. "Thanks Daddy. You are the best- YAY! It's starting." Evan says, swinging his feet to the music. Ashton wishes he could watch his son dance around in his car seat, but sadly he had to keep his eyes on the road.

Once they were there, Ashton gets Evan out of his car seat and grabs his backpack for him. Evan soon takes it from Ashton claiming he can carry his backpack by himself. Ashton rolls his eyes, and takes his son's hand.

Evan runs into the classroom. Ashton spots Michael and smiles.

"Hey are you Evan's dad?" The teacher asks. Ashton nods. "Great. I'm Mindy Mayfield. I'll be your son's teacher." Ashton shakes her hand.

"Ashton." She nods. Michael soon walks over.

"Hey Ash. How's Evan dealing?" Ashton shrugs.

"Fine I guess. Still asking me everyday where Luke is, but Luke will be back soon so." Michael nods.

Ashton and Michael soon leave the classroom as school starts. Evan than runs over to Ella who was coloring. Evan gets his own coloring book and starts to color along with her.

"Hi Ellie." Evan's small voice says. She giggles waving. Ella was a brown haired little girl that looked way more like Calum than Michael. She was an outgoing girl who was always hanging around with Evan.

"Hey Evan." She was coloring in a pony from a My Little Pony coloring book, making sure to color inside the lines, unlike her friend sitting next to her. Ella thought he was such a rebel for not coloring inside the lines, not that she actually knew what that word meant...

"How are your daddies? They are my daddies' friends." Ella shrugs.

"They are fine. They say a lot of bad words though. They tell me not to say them." Ella says, giggling.

"One of my daddies isn't even at house. Daddy says he'll be back soon, b-but Papa has been gone for sooooo long." It had only been a week.

"Not my problem." Ella says, continuing to focus on her coloring. Evan pouts, scooting a seat down since Ella was being a meanie. He colors his Scooby Doo drawing. He didn't even like Scooby Doo. Evan liked Spiderman and Pokemon and Blue's Clues. He loved Blue's Clues. Ashton has seen that show so many times, he has memorized the song to them. They are so catchy.

Soon it was time to go home and Ashton and Calum come at the same time. Evan runs into Ashton's arms. The whole day, Ella had been sassy with him. Sure, she had Calum as a dad, so sass was definitively something she inherited from him.