2

Algería was not a morning person. When she woke up around 7 a.m., Free was gone, which often happened. She got ready and went into the dining room. "Algí! Here!" Valt gave her a cheerful wave. How could he be in such a good mood after such a day? Well, some things never change...She briefly raised her hand and picked up her breakfast from Ange before sitting down with Valt, Honcho, Silas and Cuza. "Valt got a glimpse of the new Fuerza?" "Someone had to help him test Valtryek...Besides, Free has seen her too" "By the way, where is Free?" "Probably training" "Awww and I really wanted to fight him...It's unfair!" "First get Valtryek under control before a new challenger comes and you lose because of an uncontrolled bey" "That won't happen. I won the battle against Algí and also the others against you and Cuza" "Only because Roktavor and CogKnight aren't evolved yet" "The pros always come first" Honcho looked at Silas. "Says the one who still has Kinetic Satomb!" "Yes, but only until today!" Honcho and Silas were arguing again. And so another morning went on.

After breakfast it was time for training. The friends had recently created a little routine that they now did every morning. It started with simple stretches and then progressed to a lap of running. Up to El Astro and back again. Back from the run, Algería headed into the woods. A few start trainings, battles against Free and meditation. A program that filled the whole morning. Algería arrived at the arena in the forest where, as expected, Free was training. The girl approached him and rested her chin on his shoulder. "What do you want me to give you to keep me going?" Free held his launcher with Fafnir attached. "You owe me a battle" "You're not giving up, huh?" Free gave her a kiss on the head. "Okay, we'll battle" Algería smiled. "Perfect" She took Fuerza and her launcher and faced Free. "Ready?" "Always" "3,2,1 Let it rip"

Fafnir and Fuerza landed in the Arnea. Both raced towards the center and hit each other. Neither of them gave in, they were evenly matched. "Fuerza! Show them how strong your evolution really is" Fuerza pushed off from Fafnir and got faster. "Fafnir! Spread your wings" "Attack with your Sparking Blast" Fuerza charged at Fafnir and hit him with her blades. Fafnir slammed into the boards but recovered. "Geist Counter" Fafnir counterattacked, slamming Fuerza into the gang. Fuerza slammed it but escaped the ring out finish. She wobbled. "Now, Fafnir" Fafnir charged and threw Fuerza out of the arena.

Algería looked at her bey. "Shit..." "You haven't got her under control yet" The redhead picked up her bey. "One more round! We're not done yet" "Yes we are. As long as you don't have Fuerza under control, there's no point going any further" Free took his bey. "You have to be on the same wavelength, if you can't do that, this evolution is for nothing" Algería looked at her Fuerza.

//Fuerza// Algería could see the demon. //Am I really not on the same wavelength as you anymore?// >No, but that's not a problem< //What do you mean?// >My evolution is new for both of us and we both have to learn to deal with it and be able to do it together. Together with our resonance< //With our resonance becoming even stronger?// >Only when we are one, cam we work better together and become stronger. This is the only way we can master the new evolution< //I will do everything to make our resonance grow!// >But be warned< Algería looked at Fuerza. >Don't let false the resonance guide you< //You mean...like Shu did back then? Don't worry, that will never happen. I know what I'm doing and I know how far I can go//

Algería stood at the arena until the early evening trying to get Fuerza under control. "One more time" She took her bey out of the arena. "Not much is missing, I can feel that" "Algí?" She looked up, a little surprised to see Valt. "Here you are." Valt stepped up beside her. "Woah...how long have you been training here?" Algería was totally sweaty. Her hair, which she had tied in a ponytail for training, was only held together at the ends with a hair tie. "Don't know...for a few hours" "You should take a break" "Why are you here?" "Actually, I wanted to battle you, since my new challenger is set" "And that's who?" "Kurt Baratier" "You need all the training you can get for that. Come on, a battle" "Are you sure?" "Yes!" Valt nodded and pulled out his bey and launcher. He faced Algería and turned Valtryek to his launcher.

"3,2,1 Let it rip" Valtryek and Fuerza landed in the arena with a bang. "Come on, Valtryek!" Valtryek attacked, but Fuerza dodged. "Again! Go! Wonder Flash Launch" Valtryek attacked again and again Fuerza dodged.

//Fuerza is so fast...No matter how fast Valtryek is, it's hard to catch her...But we're not giving up!//

"Valtryek! Go!" He attacked Valtryek again and this time Fuerza too. "Fuerza! Sparking Counter" Fuerza slammed into the edge and sped back at Valtryek. She was even faster than before. Their beys banged against each other and the high speed made Fuerza's attack extremely strong. It took a while, but Fuerza was able to assert herself and shot Valtryek against the edge, where she shattered.

"What...? That was amazing" "That's what we've been working towards..." Algería picked up her bey and looked at Fuerza. "Well done" Fuerza flashed. "Not bad, I wasn't expecting that." Valt smiled and put Valtryek back together. "I'd like a rematch but I think you should stop for today." The two walked back to their club's campus. Valt went back to training while Algería went back to the room she had been sharing with Free for several months. She grabbed her cell phone from her bed and turned it on. Nothing, no messages or calls. She looked at her background picture, which showed her with Lui. She had hardly heard from him in recent years. Every now and then she watched him on TV or they wrote briefly but that was all. They've both been quite busy training and after all that happened back then at the Bladers Cup, Algería wouldn't be surprised if Lui stepped up his training.

After a shower and freshly dressed, Algería headed over to the training hall where Valt was training alongside Honcho and Cuza. She sat on the stands and watched her friends. They were all still as ambitious as they were 2 years ago. Back then a nobody and today they led the world rankings. The time flew by.

Algería looked sideways, where she saw Free. She had gotten used to the fact that at some point he was suddenly next to her, even though she hadn't received anything. Algería laid her head on his shoulder. "Don't you want to be number one again? It was always so important to you back then that no one caught up with you" "There are more important things than being number one...at least for the world" The girl smiled when he made that allusion. "Besides, I was always bored and today I have rivals who don't make it easy for me. They're getting stronger and so I have to get stronger too, I don't have time to prepare for a title fight." "Sometimes I really can't make sense of you "It's enough if you understand me better than all the others" "And am I doing that?" "Believe me, otherwise you wouldn't be my girlfriend" "I had no choice" "Of course not" They both smiled and watched the others train.

Free's girlfriend, what...?

Algería guessed that it's official now.