Teddy Boy John

Word count : 1.8k

You were walking over to your friend John's house, he lived around 10 mins away so it wasn't bad.

As you reached his door you knocked on his door, you could hear rambling from inside and then he opened it.

He smiled and said "hey y/n, come in"

He moved out of the way and let you in, he sat down on the sofa, patting the cushion inviting you to sit next to him. Once you sat down he started speaking.

"the band is getting more and more gigs! Everyone's enjoying listening to the quarrymen" john said excitedly.

"wow that's awesome! I heard someone joined the band recently?" you said with a smile. You smiled all the time when you saw John, he is just a great person to be around.

"yeah, his names Paul, he seems like a cool guy, he's two years younger than me though" he said with a little disappointment at the end.

"he's only 15, but I suppose its okay" he spoke up.

"ah I see, I'm sure it won't be a big issue later, I'm excited to see the gig tonight, is the band coming here for a quick run over of things? Or are you just meeting at the venue?" you said, interested in what he's speaking about.

"they are coming here first, they will be here in about 2 hours, you should stay til then and we can go to the venue together and you can get a good spot in the crowd! And none of the band member know you so id like to introduce you guys." he suggested, you could see the hope in his eyes.

" yeah sure, what should we do in the meantime then?" you said, two hours is a long time so you didn't know.

" well we could watch the television or maybe go on a walk?" he said, you were sure he didn't want to watch TV.

"let's go on a walk to the strawberry fields you can play your guitar on the grass!" you said in a excited tone. You really liked John's guitar skills, and you liked his singing too.

"alright, we can go there then" john said as he got up and quickly went up the stairs, trying not to keep you waiting.

He came back down with his guitar and jacket, he sat on the step putting on his shoes, you stood up and went over, waiting for him to do up his shoes, then he opened the door and you both left and headed to strawberry field, although it was only a minute away. You went in and found a spot to sit in.

John sat across from you with his guitar, you couldn't play but you would try and it always sounded terrible, John would always try and teach you but you forgot what he said.

"you should play Maggie mae, I love it" you said to john.

He started playing it, you just loved the way he sung, he looked so cool playing his guitar, you were so happy you had a friend like him, you had a little crush on John but you couldn't tell him, it would probably ruin the friendship.

He finished the song "how'd you like that?" he asked you.

"I loved it John, have you written any original songs?" you questioned, you'd love to hear a song by John.

"yeah ive got one, it's called 'hello little girl', me and Paul wrote it but it was mostly me" john chuckled.

He started playing the song and you loved it, it was such a nice song, "john this is such a good song, you should play it tonight" you said and he smiled in response.

"maybe I will, I made one mistake though, Ill have to continue practicing" he said in a subtle disappointed tone.

"well you can certainly play it again, I loved it!" you laughed.