004

March 20th, 1978

Y/Ns POV

It had been a week since... I started going back to school. I've been feeling better about myself, I've gained confidence in myself. Later on I was supposed to spend time with Vance, I know it seems weird but of course I had to beg him. Eventually he gave in after hours of begging. But anyways my birthday is in three days, March 23rd.

I'm not gonna do anything for it though, I really don't have anyone to spend it with so there's no point. Plus my birthday is on Thursday, a school day. Finney kept saying he was gonna throw me a party even after I told him not to. All he said was "totally..." and ran away, so I'm honestly expecting to be surprised sooner or later on the day.

Today was Sunday, the day of Finney's game. I was riding my bike to the field sense I promised that I would show up. I arrived and leaned my bike on the fence. I ran into the gate and sat at the bleachers. Finns team was up to bat, first some kid with the last name 'Blancher' was getting in position to bat. Some kid on the opposing team pitched the ball and the 'Blancher kid' hit it.

It didn't get far, it landed in outfield but not far enough. Some kid from the other team took the ball and threw it to where 'Blancher' was, he ended up being safe since he slid onto first base. It was Finn's turn to bat, he looked to the crowd and stared at something. I followed the direction he was looking at and he was look at Donna. She smiled at him and he regained his focus.

He swung his bat and the ball soared through the air. He took off and everyone began to cheer. "Let's go Finney!" "Woah! Did you see how far it went?!" At this point he was at second base."Good job Finney!" I cheered. The ball went over the fence so he was able to slow down and jog a bit to home plate. He arrived and his teammates cheered him on.

+

It was the end of the game so I ran onto the field to congratulate Finns team on their win. "Finn!" I ran up to him. "You did amazing! Your hits! Your pitches! They were so good!" He smiled. "Thank you! I try my best!" He bowed as a joke, I hit his shoulder and we continued talking until someone walked up to us. "Hey Finn!" Donna walked over. "You did really good today, would you like to get ice cream?" He began to blush. "Oh uh, thanks Donna and.." he looked at me, I smiled at him and gestured him to go with her.

"Yeah! I would love to get ice cream, let's go!" She crossed her arms and smiled as they walked away. I just laughed and ran outside of the field, I got on my bike and road to the grab n' go. I was on my way to see Vance, well to annoy him. It's so funny to me, he gets annoyed so fast which makes it even funnier. I made it to the store and leaned my bike against the brick wall. I walked in and headed to the pinball machine.

"Vance..." i said in a singy-songy voice. "Oh Vance-" "Will you shut up already!" I laughed at him and punched his arm. "What's your high score?" He rolled his eyes. "Look for yourself." I checked the board and it was around forty-five thousand. "Wow Vance! You're really good at this!" "I know I am!" He raised his voice. "Okay, okay sorry."

I walked to a freezer and grabbed a drink, I opened it and took a sip. "You know you have to pay right?" "I'll pay after." I took another sip. "Can you hurry up so we can go?" "Don't rush me!" I walked over to his game and bumped into it a bit, causing him to almost lose. "I swear on my grave, I'll haunt you the rest of your life if you make me lose."

"Woahh." I pretended to be scared. I walked beside him. "Look you beat your high score, let's go!" I grabbed his arm. I threw some money on the counter and walked out the door. I grabbed my bike with Vance beside me. "Did you not hear me say I would haunt you?!" I got on my bike. "You love me to much to haunt me." "Love you?! I don't love you! I don't love anyone!" He got in my face. "Yeah keep telling yourself that buddy." I started peddling.