[]Chapter Four: Pain[]

Katai's POV

I've been rejected more than I can count. I couldn't have Kunikida be one of them.

I was causally crying about rejection, nothing new. This time it was about Kunikida, I knew he would reject me. No matter what I do. I'm not his ideal partner, I don't even qualify as the "Female" part of it. But I still somehow was holding onto those ridiculous feelings.

      "Katai, it's alright, you just haven't found your person yet" Kunikida said attempting to comfort me. Failing, but A for effort. "Just...leave me alone, I don't matter, you have other things to do, And their definitely more important than me." I didn't want him to care about suck a useless human, who am I kidding? I'm not even human. More like a creature that hides in the dark all day."Katai, what the hell?" Kunikida said in a firm tone. Firm enough to scare the shit out of me. "Katai, you are one of the most important people to me. If I didn't need you, why would I visit you? Your important, I wouldn't be in the agency if it weren't for you motivating me to do so. Don't talk down about yourself when you're so important." I was speechless, I didn't think I was important. "Anyone who has rejected you doesn't know you aswell as I do."

       I was red as a tomato at this point. I didn't know what to do. What to say. "And don't even get me start on how comforting you are-" "Okay, I get the point." I said covering my face with my hands. Kunikida just chuckled.

        Kunikida's POV

        Katai has been acting rather strange lately. Honestly around me. He jumbles up his words, he stutters, and hes always distant. I'm starting to think hes grown sick of me. I don't know how to approach him about it. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt his feelings. While we were in deep conversation. The words slipped out

"Katai, Do you hate me?"

Fuck.