[]Chapter Three: Rain[]

[A/N sorry for not posting much latley. Trying to catch up on sleep and stuff. Love you all]

Katai's POV

You know that old song, the one you sing when it's raining? Something about an old man and snoring. I can't remember it all that well. As a child I didn't have any friends. Until I was thirteen, and I met Kunikida Doppo.

"Katai! I'm here!" Kunikida was here for his weekly visit. I love it when he does that. It makes me feel like I really have a friend. "Oi! Get up!" He pulled my futon off of me. I groaned tired. "God Katai, what time did you go to sleep?" I shrugged my shoulders. I honestly don't see how someone goes to bed at a certain time. Kunikida sighed heading to the kitchen to make tea. It was his day off, but then I realized he had already come over this week once. "Isnt this your second time this week?" He gave me a confused face. "You came over already this week. Shouldn't you be relaxing at your home?" He didn't say anything. He just finished making the tea and walked over pouring him and I a cup.

"That's true. But I can't relax by myself. I'll end up just working and then Fukuzawa will get upset. And what better way to relax than being with a friend?" I couldn't help but blush a little. It was werid being important to someone. "And what do you mean? I thought you liked It when I come and visit you?" I felt and ache in my stomach. Guilt. "O-Of course I do! It's just, you always come once a week so..." Kunikida started chuckling. Which just made me even more flustered. "S-Shut it!" He sighed taking a sip of his tea.

I guess you could say I was in love with Kunikida. But, I knew he didn't feel the same. He didn't like me like that. No one does, I'm too lazy and messy. "Katai, would you like to go on a walk?" "Its pouring rain!" Why would he wanna go on a walk in the rain? "I have an umbrella, let's go for a walk, it would be very calming and I can't remember the last time we went on a walk together." I blushed a little. We always went on walks together when we were kids. I agreed and we went on a walk. It was calming, I was happy to be by Kunikida's side. Even if we only can remain friends.

I will do anything to protect our friendship, as he is the only person left in the world I have left. I can't afford to loose him. Even if I end up in pain.