❦1. My name is Aurelia❦

Flashback, 1864

I sit in my room reading books and enjoying the nightly wind that blows through my window. Reading calms my mind and helps me stay focused with the reality of life. Some say that life is nothing but a book, and we're the ones who write the pages. If that's true, then my book would be filled with heart ache and sacrifice.

Living here is not the easiest, and sometimes I just wish that I had my mom. My mother passed away when I was just a child, I took it the hardest. With me being the only girl, my father hated to even look my direction. Sometimes he would come in my room, and start beating me for no reason. Well, he did have one reason, and that was alcohol. My father would drink and drink and drink until he couldn't even remember his name.

He's been busy a lot with his friends, I don't know why but, I don't think I really care. I honestly think It's because of the whole vamp business in town. I know all about vampires, I learned about them from Katherine, she's the absolute best. She's sorta like my older sister, she sticks up for me and she looks after me when no one else does.

I always wanted to be a vampire, maybe then I wouldn't be so weak against my father. I'm usually not the type to think of hurting another person, but when it comes to him, I wish I could do more than hurt him. At least I have my two older brothers to stick up for me as well.

Damon Salvatore is my older brother by years, and Stefan is only the oldest by 15 seconds. He likes to rub it in my face sometimes but, I don't really mind. Damon also gets hit on by our father, I don't know why he targets us but, I hope that someone saves us soon.

As I read in my room the house is quiet, well it was until I started hearing commotion in the room next door. "Katherine! Katherine!" I hear Stefan shout and I quickly get up to open my door.

I then see my father, Giuseppe, bursts through the door. "Go get the sheriff. Tell him we have a vampire." I gasp as I hear those words and I rush over to his room. When I get there, Katherine was lying on the floor.

"What? No!" Stefan exclaims as he kneels next to her shirtless. Katherine had this love triangle going on with my brothers. It was never my business so I never asked.

"Do as I say, son! Nothing that you feel for her is real. She's a vampire, Stefan! A monster! I fed you vervain hoping that it would expose her."

"How did you know?" Stef asked confused.

"Your sympathy for their plight. I didn't raise my sons neither my daughter to be so weak." He throws Stefan a shirt. "The sheriff, now. Go, quickly!" Stefan still stays next to Katherine, not really sure on what to do. "Now, son!"

Stefan hesitates and looks down at Katherine. He then stands up and runs out of the room, leaving our father and I alone with the weakend Katherine. "You see Aurelia, this is why you shouldn't trust everyone that you meet." He looks at me and I try to fight my tears as I look at Katherine helplessly.

I am only human, there is nothing I can do to help her and it pains me. "F-father...s-she's not that bad o-of a person." I stuttered out and looks at me with disgust.

{Abuse ⚠️} "I don't know what this monster did to you and Stefan, but I'll be damned if I continue to let her manipulate your minds!!" He slaps me across the face and I hold my cheek as I stumble backwards. "If I find out that you know more than what you're telling, I'll bury you next to your mother."

I fight my tears more as the sheriff appears and my father and I step out the way and we watch as the Sheriff place a muzzle over Katherine. Him slapping me is normal, he always does it, and it's like he pays others to look the other way...at least that's what I think.