❦3. One day at a time❦

Jenna, Andie and I are preparing the table for the dinner party. I just ate so I won't really be eating anything, we literally just left a restaurant so why they do they want to eat more, I don't know. Damon could of come up with some other idea like a game night, or drinks. I can't control his decisions and I wish that he thinks things through sometimes.

"So what's going on with you and Alaric? I feel like there's some tension." Andie says towards Jenna as I place some plates around the table.

"I don't know. I really like him. It's more than like and I want it to work, but I can't help but feel that he's hiding something from me. And then I've got John whispering things in my ear about him." Jenna mumbles as she says and follows me by placing the cups.

"Like what?" Andie asked.

"Things I don't want to believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth." She roll her eyes at the thought of John and I chuckle.

"Oh. Well, there you go, then. Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything." Yea, he tells you things that you can't tell others and nine times out of ten, your mentally going insane, but hey....who am I to stop him.

"I guess." Jenna looks over at me as I finish with the plates. "What about you Lia?" I look at her confused and she chuckles. "Is there a special guy in your life?"

"Oh um, I- I don't really worry about guys." I know that what you're going to say...so don't say it. It's not like I can't have any guy that I want, because I definitely can. It's just that Stefan and Damon will kill them on the spot and I just don't think having a boyfriend will make things better for me.

"That's good, if you ever do find a guy..." She looks around to make sure Damon wasn't listening and I bet he was. "...Make sure you keep him away from your brothers."

She winks at me as Andie giggles and I smile shyly. The only way that I can keep my brothers out of my relationship, is if my boyfriend was like the king of vampires or something. I wonder how vampires were even made....Maybe I can ask Elijah, he's an Original vampire..the very first one.

He probably won't even tell me, I'm the sister of the enemy. It's not like I asked to be apart of any of this. All I did was wake up from a nap and then boom, drama. I still don't know everything about my brothers since their death and my sleep but, hopefully one day they'll tell me everything.

"I'll go get Dames and Alaric." I head to the library where Damon and Alaric are chatting about the plan. "Dames, this is a bad idea." I say as I walk over to them.

"Liakins, there's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones. Here." He tries handing me a glass of scotch, but I refuse it. "Right I forgot that you don't drink."

He then goes to hand it to Ric be he declines as well "No, and your sister is right. I don't like the idea of Elijah being in the same house with Jenna."

"Jenna's perfectly safe. Besides, it's just a fact-finding mission. It's totally harmless."

"Just a fact-finding mission?" I asked as I fold my arms, knowing that he's lying. No one can lie to me, it's like a gift that I can sense the truth.

"Yeah." He says as he drinks out the glass.

Alaric sighs and points into Damon's chest as he speaks. "Listen, no sneak attacks. No surprise plans. Nothing that's gonna put Jenna in harm's way. Okay?"

"Scout's honor." Damon puts up his hand and grabs Alaric's shoulder. Alaric looks at him, still suspicious as Andie walks in.

"Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine."  Damon looks at him, smiles, and pats his arm reassuringly. Alaric sighs as he walks up the stairs. "Thanks."