7 - Polaroid

1978
First Person POV

     I open the door with my house keys and the time is currently 8:15 and Bruce and I enter my home.

I see my mom and dad in the living room looking at a painting he drew/painted recently.

"Who's this?" my dad asks as his head snapped toward us when the door opened.

"Bruce, we have a project together." I say pointing to him behind me and he just waved with a friendly smile.

"He seems like a nice boy, don't you think honey!" my mom says bumping him as he had a stern look on his face, like the same one Mason had earlier.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. [Last Name.]" he says shaking their hands as they both get up and set the painting down.

"You want anything to eat?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen while he waves to my parents again but awkwardly follows me like a little duckling, anddd it's been a long time either of us ate.

"I'm fine, thank you though." he says chuckling.

I nod and open the fridge to grab a bunch of fruit like grapes, cherries, apples, and cut watermelon and wash them off then put them into a bowl.

We head to my room and sit on the floor with the bowl of fruits in the middle just incase he wanted to eat some, who knows, maybe he was lying. He takes a grape out of the bowl.

"Watch this." he throws the grape into the air and swiftly catches it in his mouth with his head facing the ceiling.

"Yeah okay. How about this, if you catch three grapes that I throw into your mouth, you're paying for slushies tomorrow but if you catch them all I'll continue paying for the "value of the mitt" or whatever we agreed on. Deal?" I say with a smile, making eye contact with him.

"Challenge accepted, but don't throw them into my mouth aggressively." he said laughing.

I jokingly make an offended look, "I would never, I'll toss them up, just catch them."

I throw the first grape up and he successfully catches it with his head facing the ceiling in his mouth and chews it.

"Don't get too cocky now."

The second grape has the same result as the last one and now it's the final stretch and there comes the third grape.

I toss it up and it..LANDS IN HIS MOUTH AGAIN.

I sigh, shaking my head in defeat with a smile on my face.

"Well, looks like I'm the grape catching master, but fair game." he says with a horrible attempt in a prestigious british accent.

"And they say chivalry is dead." I laugh out.

We both smile to each other and I say "So, we need to actually decide who to make the project on." then tossing a grape into my mouth.

"Well, I had one person in mind?"

"Go on."

"Your dad."

I give him a questioning look and he continues.

"Well we both like baseball and grew up playing, a common interest and..your dad played in the MLB. Pretty much a legend."

"Oh this is exactly what I needed, someone openly swooning for my father right in front of me." I say chuckling.

He just laughs, "Hear me out on this, my reasons are good!" he defends himself.

"Fine fine, but what part are we starting on first?"

We discuss the project and all that stuff and decided to do the writing first since it's the hardest part about the project basically, though it didn't matter since it was a pretty basic project, I don't mind though.