Chapter ONE

Like every night, Abby and Clary would play with their parents, they would gang up on them so they wouldnt have to do the dishes. The game was simple, succeeding in making their parents believe that they had already done the dishes the day before. But that night, Luke, their foster father, decided to do the dishes for them, because the next day was their birthdays. Their mother, Jocelyn knew the game she was happy to know that nothing could separate these two little girls and smiled all the time when the two young people were playing this game, but not tonight she was tired and scared. Everyone helped clear the table and then the two twins went to shower one after the other.

Abby went to shower first, while Clary was on the phone with Simon, their childhood best friend, in their room, the walls were covered with thousands of drawings, when the other children were drawing stars, houses, their parents, Abby and Clary, were referring to monsters, angels or other different creatures. Abby out of the shower in her pyjamas, her hair wrapped in a blue cloth, Clary summed up the conversation with Simon, then went to shower in turn. Abby prepared her things for the next morning. They were finally going to be of age. Simon and Abby were discussing the new name of the band Simon and his friends (Kyle and Eric) of which Abigaël had been a part, at the time, Simon was playing the guitar and Abby was the singer her voice owed them their sudden popularity. They discussed the few other formalities, where they would meet tomorrow after their job interview and their birthday party which was not really one. Simon had to go to bed after his mother yelled at him because he was up too late for him. Abby and Clary were lying in their beds when their parents saw them say good night, as every night, they discussed their respective days.

After a few seconds of hesitation, Abigael questioned her twin sister. She wanted to know if Clary thought their parents could lie to them or hide a important truth from them. Clary explained to her that she had total confidence in their parents and that even if they hid something from them it was for their own good. Abigael was not of the same opinion but was careful not to tell her twin sister. Clary was always wondering what changed her sister three years ago, they were no different, they looked more than just physically alike. Then one day everything changed she wanted to fight, she was violent with some person, meaner, of course Abby had not changed with Clary, Simon and Luke but with her mother, the relationship is a little tense and became a little more complex, they often frowned, both having a strong character. Luke had it on puberty.

It was 6:00 a.m., Luke, entered his daughters' room and moved to the side where Abby slept, he tried to gently wake her up, "Kiddo" he said. Luke always called her that, Abbys always been someone who likes to sleep and has trouble getting up in the morning. After twenty good minutes to prepare but especially get out of her bed, she dressed, a bra and a black training and a white Nike jacket and since it was a sunny day, she put on a black cap to accompany her outfit.

Then she packed her bag with clothes for her interview with the Brooklyn Academy of Arts and thought not to forget her sketches, took one last look at her twin who was sleeping peacefully. Abby does as she does every morning since she started training, careful not to make too much noise, so as not to wake up her mother or sister and never to forget the little kiss on her sisters forehead and slipped a little" I love you" in her ear, sometimes Clary answers with a small inaudible sond. But this morning, she was surprised to see her dad carrying her mother in his arms and bringing her to their room, Abby said she had just fallen asleep on the couch no reason to worry, her mother had a hard day the day before.

It had already been two hours that Luke and his daughter were training, and Abby was tired and sweating a lot and she was blocked in her movements, she tried a crooked leg, which her dad let do for fear of the injured. The girl was smiling because she had won, the first times she had trained, had been difficult but she had decided that she never wanted to be defenceless no matter the situation.