CHAPTER THREE

Abbigael was lying on a bed, her eyes closed, she heard voices:
-Its a woman Alec, you must have seen our sister is one.
-Very funny, what I want to know is, why are two mundane in the institute?
-I've already told you, Alec, they're not mundane, you know what, I don't say that often, but why dont you go do a little debrief with Hodges.  
There was some sort of inexplicable tension between them, and Abby heard a door opening and to each other.
-He's gone, you can stop pretending to sleep. It was Jace's voice, always so calm.
-How do you know I wasn't sleeping, she sat, and Jace did the same, he was close to each other. 
-Your body, under the confused look of Abbigael, he continued, now you woke up, it contracted, small movements, invisible if you don't pay attention.
-And why you were paying attention.  
-I was intrigued by how much control you had over your body. 
-I control it like everyone else
-No, I assure you, you control your body more than the others. 
In saying this sentence, he had, with his hands, mimic the quotation marks.

Abby took the time to examine the room in which she was standing, there were blue, green and beige glass tiles washed over time, the room was high, almost all the walls were glass, there was only one bed in the middle of the room, an elongated table against the wall and a few white chairs. She looked out the window but could not see anything that could help her find her way around New York, she wasn't even sure she was still  there. 

Jace had meanwhile gone to look at a small notebook, to flip through it, when he received a message on his phone, he placed the notebook towards Abby who quickly noticed that it was her sketchbook. She took advantage of his back to observe her body, she hardly remembered the evening of yesterday, if it was indeed yesterday. But her body had no wounds (neither her hands that had been scratched because of the pipe, nor her stomach or should find a scar) and she was only wearing a t-shirt that was not hers. 
-Where are my clothes. She was trying to hide worry in her voice. 
-I burned them, Jace had taken back the notebook.
-Excuse you, you have what, why,
her voice was indignant, which made Jace laugh.
-There was dangerous poison; Im concerted that you were stabbed, and you are interested in missing clothes.
-How, I have healed, because you dont really look older than the first time I saw you, but I have healed, and I dont have a scar left. How. 

Jace took her by the hand to take her in front of a mirror, he started by walking at his usual speed and then slowed down when he realized that she was still in pain. In front of the mirror, he showed her her neck, where he had previously runned an Iratze. Jace gave her clothes and showed her where she could dress. 
-I don't know your name, and if you dont remember mine, its Jace, Jace Wayland.
-It's stupid to give your name to strangers.
-And then, if you don't want to give me your name, I was just thinking of calling you the girl with the hair of fire, the girl with the warriors soul or the stubborn one. 
-The girl with the warriors soul is fine with me. My name is Abbigael Fray.
-It's a pleasure to meet you, Bi. She smiles unconsciously.  
-Why can't everyone see you, what was that in the club, how can a cup be so important?
-Repeat your last question! Abby was about to make a remark about how he had asked the question, but she saw on her face a mixture of emotions that she could not describe. 
-When I came home, after I managed to lose you, my mother had one of her daggers, she explained, pointing to the weapons on the table, she explained to me that she had stolen a cup from someone powerful and that he wanted it back. She also told me he was very bad. 
-What did she steal? he asked, anxious. He looked like a person who had been told that the moon had been stolen. 
-A cup, why its so important.  
-Oke, come with me, I'll explain everything. 
Abby followed Jace in the corridors of what he called the institute, during which he explained in a simple way that the Shadowhunter are half human and angel who must protect the mundane, the one with no power, from the demoniac world.